• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rance: Sabaku no Guardian (OAV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeaThcRuiZer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody knows this Anime title? It is a hentai made on July 1994. I tried searching here in ANN for 2 days now and yet to accomplish anything. So can anyone give me any answer? Or can I put this on the list of Animes not present here?
teknokrat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't believe Rance was ever licensed in the US, and it is an old title so you likely won't find much on it here.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
That is an OVA produced by Tokuma Japan Communications. The story and script are by Akahori Satoru.
As to anime production, the original contractor is Animate Film, and the subcontractor is A.P.P.P..

dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quote
DeaThcRuiZer wrote:
Does anybody knows this Anime title? It is a hentai made on July 1994. I tried searching here in ANN for 2 days now and yet to accomplish anything. So can anyone give me any answer? Or can I put this on the list of Animes not present here?

It was a 2-episode OVA release on the Christmas Day of 1993, on VHS and LD. Credits can be found on the Japanese Wikipedia and Anison Generation.

I've contacted an anime/H-game veteran and he told me bootlegs were once available in Taiwan back in 1996, yet it's so rare that only very few veterans had seen it.

And yes, I'll add it to the Encyclopedia a while later (onto something else more urgent right now).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DeaThcRuiZer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
DeaThcRuiZer wrote:

It was a 2-episode OVA release on the Christmas Day of 1993, on VHS and LD. Credits can be found on the Japanese Wikipedia and Anison Generation.

I've contacted an anime/H-game veteran and he told me bootlegs were once available in Taiwan back in 1996, yet it's so rare that only very few veterans had seen it.

And yes, I'll add it to the Encyclopedia a while later (onto something else more urgent right now).

THANKS!!! I will be looking forward to it...
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
the games are easier to find than the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1