• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strange general error message

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Don't know what happened (another debug mode?) because nothing wrong afterwards. Hope this would help to prevent future problems.

----
General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_en.users u, phpbb_en.sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1104276062 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

Line : 110
File : /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/bbs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php
----
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I've gotten the same error twice today:

Quote:
General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_en.users u, phpbb_en.sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1104695001 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

Line : 110
File : /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/bbs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php

Both times it came after I went to a topic and then left the topic by clicking the link to the forum that topic is in from the above listing.

For example:

I went into Talkback, then the topic OT: RTO? then when done I hit the link back to Talkback from the listing Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback -> OT: RTO? at the top.

I don't remember what the topic was that I was in when it happened the first time today, but I did get the results the same way.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Well it is a SQL statement. At first glance it appears to be part of the code which will add your name to the "users browsing this forum" part of the page header.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
(Tried to start this as a new topic, but it wouldn't go through. Once fixed they might show up)

Had a few more error messages today.

When posting:

Quote:
General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_en.search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 132761, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_en.search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('sounds', 'medabots', 'except', 'part', 'notebook', 'emerje')

Line : 251
File : /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/bbs/phpBB2/includes/functions_search.php

However, these did post, but didn't show up as new posts. I also got this error when editing a post.

When doing an encyclopedia search

Quote:
Search: transformers

Matches:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/encyclopedia/search.php on line 69
sorry, we don't seem to have anything matching that.
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/encyclopedia/search.php on line 127

Even though it's something obviously in the encyclopedia. I've also had the the search just come up blank with only a white screen other than the ANN title images and ads at the top.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Maybe one of the database's hard drive is full and can't add more data are reserve extra space for virtual memory to do a search.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Ok I just got this when I tried to make a new message to complain about the fact I'm getting a error saying I have no new posts in threads that are marked that they have them (and they do have new posts).

General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_en.search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 132773, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_en.search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('last', 'two', 'I've', 'clicking', 'icon', 'suppose', 'post', 'posts', 'changed', 'orange', 'color', 'means', 'getting', 'since', 'visit', 'problem', 'came', 'couple', 'threads', 'throw', 'error', 'saying', 'script', 'working', 'right', 'happened', 'today', 'anyway', 'resets', 'thread', 'read', 'back', 'i', 'slog', 'figure', 'begin')

Line : 251
File : /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/bbs/phpBB2/includes/functions_search.php

I'm starting to get really ticked off here Mad I'm going to have to not come over and use the board for a while I guess because it it is marking all my unread posts read and it's hard to find where the new posts start when that happens Sad.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I got this message when trying to edit the previous post:

Quote:

Error in deleting post

DEBUG MODE

DELETE FROM phpbb_en.search_wordmatch WHERE post_id IN (132774)

Line : 419
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Considering that the problems seem to be increasing in frequency, I would figured that either there is a problem with the tables, some new shoddy SQL statements was inserted, or something along those lines.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post, but I am not able to edit at the moment.

At the same time new posts are showing up, but not updating on Last Post, new posts take a long time to show up, and in one case, a thread disappeared for a space of 20 min.

Emerje's enyclopedia error basically says that either there was a result of nothing returned, or the result was not in the correct format (text).

The other errors, on the surface, seem to be related to adding text into the search table, so that you can search through posts.

Without seeing the full code this is somewhat baffling. I admit my SQL and PHP skills aren't that great, but I doubt there are truly this many errors in the code.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
New threads in the talkback forum aren't even showing up when in the forum, but show up in search for new posts.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
The other thing is that ads aren't even showing up at the top now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1