• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Element Hunters (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quote
Element Hunters (TV)

Don't know if there already exists a thread for this title.

But, what do you guys think of this anime so far? To me the premise of this anime sounds pretty promising,although despite the fact that the episodes are suppose to teach you about chemicals and the ozone,but so far I have yet to see that progress.

but it seems it has been ages since a new anime in this type of Genre has be made,the overall concept and plot reminds me of the classic Digimon series for some reason,I don't know why,maybe it has to do with the fact 3 chosen kids are chose to save the Nega earth from element monsters and for the fact the plot also focuses on the concept of a bonding friendship path between the 3 main characters, Ren, Chiara, and Homi( not sure if Homi is a male or female).

although so far from the first 3 episodes I watched which seem like a slow start at first,But I think this title has potential to be good,because I give new titles a fair chance like 5 or 10 episodes or so before I make my final decisions whether it's good or not.

only reason I look forward to this is because the concept reminds of classic Digimon and plus it has one of my fav composers Toshihiko Sahashi who composed for Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Full Metal Panic, Cutey Honey Flash, and Hunter X Hunter.

[EDIT: Added the Encyclopedia entry. -TK]
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Interesting series and rather unique approach to learning about the periodic table. I prefer the other ongoing NHK series, Kemono no Souja Erin (which I wish someone would license for digital distribution because the fansubs are really slow and I find this to be an extremely underrated 2009 series).
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
so who kept watching this show? i mean i know alot of people quit before it started getting good and now there is only 4 episodes left with 35 being quite a good one.

just seems like only a few people stuck around to see where the show was heading. ah well after 35 episodes how do people feel about it?
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I watched nearly 15 episodes. So, when was it supposed to get good? As I recall, the thing didn't actually improve.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving the show so far, I'm already on Episode 25 Smile.
OrionCA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
It's a kid's show that supposed to teach them about the elements. To an extent it does: I would never have known about "sick tin" or the properties of "pure iron" if I hadn't watched this show. But it's not nearly as educational or action-packed as it could be. "You must be retarded." vies for the title of most overused, trite catchphrase in the history of anime'. The adults are almost all of them cardboard cutouts. Still, the element-hunters themselves are interesting and I'm curious about how they unravel the tangled mess the world is in by ep 39. It's worth finishing but I see no basis for another season.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 am Reply with quote
I finally finished watching the show on March 28, 2010.

I really liked it, and I hope that it gets licensed and dubbed over here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1