• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zilan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll is disappointing so far this season.

Where is our 3rd season of Koihime Musou!?!?!
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
Meh. I would've watched Hakuouki, but not this. The sad thing is that Koihime Muso probably is one of the shows, so I guess we're ending up with two out of five that could be significant quality at best.

Edit: Or 3 out of six, since it seems there are now six shows instead of five on their lineup page again.
BenBrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
At least there are still 3 more announcements to go (supposedly).

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

Not much that seems likely and hasn't aired the first episode is left, maybe they'll be backfilling. I think they did a couple like that last season but I can't for the life of me remember which ones.
fuzaco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
"This Spring 2010, Crunchyroll will feature over 50% of Anime titles currently airing in Japan!"

Oh yeah.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
Meh. I would've watched Hakuouki, but not this.

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru: for those fangirls who weren't pandered too enough with Hakuouki!

Seriously, though, other than the much-anticipated Stan Lee/Japan hybrid Heroman, crunchyroll hasn't been getting the cream of the crop so far. I look at the list of remaining titles, and while I'd love to imagine that they'll get one of the Noitamina shows this season, I doubt it. Sad
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll has a huge female audience and this is their first true BL show, so this is probably a good thing for them. They already have a lot of those "yuri" titles that pander to guys, so it makes sense to pander a bit to the large female audience.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Crunchyroll has a huge female audience and this is their first true BL show, so this is probably a good thing for them. They already have a lot of those "yuri" titles that pander to guys, so it makes sense to pander a bit to the large female audience.

Oh darn, I forgot about those two GL shows that aired.

Well, I guess it's only fair.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
lol at the fanboys complaining. God forbid a BL show on Crunchyroll! NOO we need more panties!!!

Truly pathetic. Rolling Eyes
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:
lol at the fanboys complaining. God forbid a BL show on Crunchyroll! NOO we need more panties!!!

Hey, I'm female! I mean, maybe this show will turn out to be really good, with great characters and story and a lot of drama. Or it'll turn out to be fan service for girls, who knows? I suppose it's "fair" because of all the ecchi stuff they've aired, but just because it's switching genders doesn't make the trend of fan-service-heavy shows any less depressing.
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad to see this! CR has tons of shounen anime but not that much shoujo, and no BL. Their first two shows of this spring, harem and superhero mecha, don't appeal to me in the least.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:

Eh? I complained with the panties as well.

I mean, if this show is as character centered and well done as Aoi Hana or even Sasameki Koto, I'll give it a shot. However, BL don't tend to be that... understated though, from my admittedly limited experience.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
I suppose it's "fair" because of all the ecchi stuff they've aired, but just because it's switching genders doesn't make the trend of fan-service-heavy shows any less depressing.

I agree. I've been waiting for all the announcements to finish. If CR is going to have nothing but fan-service shows I'm probably going to cancel the starred membership after Durarara! finishes its run. I don't see the point of paying for streaming shows I wouldn't buy on DVD.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Zilan wrote:
Crunchyroll is disappointing so far this season.

I'm not sure CR can really be blamed for that this time around. I'm still holding out hope for a couple of yet to be aired shows, but it seems like slim pickings as far as new shows are concerned.
H0shi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
i dnt care whether Uraboku will be feaatured in crunchyroll or not. As long as there are torrents or DDL links around of this, im happy Laughing

Oh yeah, step aside GL fanboys....BL fans want to see briefs this time Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:

You know, I'm sure there are people like that and they're very silly, but I didn't say that at all. I just see this being a one-note wonder, most likely. Hakuouki at least has handsome men + some swordplay action, apparently.

vashfanatic wrote:

Seriously, though, other than the much-anticipated Stan Lee/Japan hybrid Heroman, crunchyroll hasn't been getting the cream of the crop so far. I look at the list of remaining titles, and while I'd love to imagine that they'll get one of the Noitamina shows this season, I doubt it. Sad

That would be nice. Senko no Night Raid would floor me too. I'm also very curious about Rainbow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3