• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okaishiin Da Ga Manga Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
High school girl, Kanzaki Mitsuki, just got a new older brother when her mother remarries a fellow divorcée with a son. Soon after, her new step dad gets transferred overseas and her mother follows him there, leaving Mitsuki alone with her new step brother, Yuuya. Feeling abandoned by her mother, she stays distant from Yuuya, never really getting along very well with him nor even keeping a conversation with him.

However, one day, Mitsuki gets visited by an angel/ghost named Hiyori who takes over her body and tries to make sexual advancements towards Yuuya. Hiyori is the lost spirit of a girl who died but can’t reach the gates of heaven and reach eternal peace. To reach heaven, Hiyori puts a belt on Mitsuki called the TST that fills up every time Mitsuki feels sexual feelings from Yuuya, whether it be from going on a date, kissing or even sex. For every time it fills up, Hiyori gains a step on a bridge that connects her current situation and the literal gates of heaven. If she wants to get rid of the annoying Hiyori, Mitsuki has to make some bold and sexy moves against her own brother, even if he is just a step brother.

Damn tired of imouto+/-harems.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
pffffffffffffffffft

Ok, thats ridiculous.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a sweet heartwarming story about an angel getting their wings.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Sounds like a sweet heartwarming story about an angel getting their wings.

Sounds like what a demon would do. Laughing
(Parasexual Activity 5?)
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
well this is be quite hmm give compare bit in twist version of natsuyuki rendezvous.

this time ghost girl want this guy but have ghost control body of guy's sister?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quote
The manga's pretty hot. Can't wait to check out the anime.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
Love the manga. Keep them coming, Japan.
Oh, who am I kidding? Of course you will, no need for me to tell you. Wink
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Quote:
High school girl, Kanzaki Mitsuki, just got a new older brother when her mother remarries a fellow divorcée with a son. Soon after, her new step dad gets transferred overseas and her mother follows him there, leaving Mitsuki alone with her new step brother, Yuuya. Feeling abandoned by her mother, she stays distant from Yuuya, never really getting along very well with him nor even keeping a conversation with him.

However, one day, Mitsuki gets visited by an angel/ghost named Hiyori who takes over her body and tries to make sexual advancements towards Yuuya. Hiyori is the lost spirit of a girl who died but can’t reach the gates of heaven and reach eternal peace. To reach heaven, Hiyori puts a belt on Mitsuki called the TST that fills up every time Mitsuki feels sexual feelings from Yuuya, whether it be from going on a date, kissing or even sex. For every time it fills up, Hiyori gains a step on a bridge that connects her current situation and the literal gates of heaven. If she wants to get rid of the annoying Hiyori, Mitsuki has to make some bold and sexy moves against her own brother, even if he is just a step brother.

I couldn't agree more. WTF is with this shit? Well personally this just goes to show how sick some Japanese otaku are.
classicjelly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. WTF is with this shit? Well personally this just goes to show how sick some Japanese otaku are.

If you don't like it then don't post. Every time I peek at the comments it's always you 3 (the 3rd is the one with the ohana chara avi) vocalizing how much you hate 'shit' like this. Even though it is shit, I like consuming shit.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Sounds good. More wincest anime is always a good thing. I really like the main girls design as well.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that imoto anime is becoming an established genre and we get a new imoto anime every season from now on! For a second I was afraid it'd stop at some point!

Keep doing what you do, Japan!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote
If its a repetition of OniAi and NakaImo, then NO.
If its like OreImo then YES.

but, from the description, it'll probably be like the former.
Gonna read the manga.
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Call me when something like Solanin gets an anime adaptation.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
After the past 3 imouto shows have bombed I thought maybe we'd get a reprieve. How naive I was.
rejer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Kurozora wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Quote:

If you don't like it then don't post. Every time I peek at the comments it's always you 3 (the 3rd is the one with the ohana chara avi) vocalizing how much you hate 'shit' like this. Even though it is shit, I like consuming shit.

I agree. What is the point of arguing about how you don't like a genre or not if you're not the audience they're aiming to gain profit from? They produce more of this because there a market demanding it. So just don't bother with watching it if you don't like it, that's all there is to it. And I also like this kinda shit as well.
Megiddo wrote:
After the past 3 imouto shows have bombed I thought maybe we'd get a reprieve. How naive I was.

They sold enough to redeem themselves. But NakaImo kinda failed because its setting was pretty stupid.
But well it's more of the popular genre effect is at work here rather than because they sell well that they keep animating more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2