• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Second Naruto Movie Details

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrhomiec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
sweet.. with the movie coming out later this month.. and the FMA movie coming out this summer too.. it's gonna be a great year
Laruto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
The new movie looks crappy, I thought Naruto lived in a all ninja only world, what the Hell! That's why I declined to watch the first movie when I was in Japan visiting my cousin. Why's it that they have Video cameras filming a movie aren't they in the past HUH? and soda cans, Business Suits, Computers WHAT?The movies look like they make no sense, not hating on you Naruto die hards out there I love you guys like brothers, Its just that naruto the Movies the only thing that would come from it is the action no story in my opinion!
cubs2084

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
So will Naruto surpass Dragon Ball Z's 13 movies?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The new movie looks crappy, I thought Naruto lived in a all ninja only world, what the Hell! That's why I declined to watch the first movie when I was in Japan visiting my cousin. Why's it that they have Video cameras filming a movie aren't they in the past HUH? and soda cans, Business Suits, Computers WHAT?The movies look like they make no sense, not hating on you Naruto die hards out there I love you guys like brothers, Its just that naruto the Movies the only thing that would come from it is the action no story in my opinion!

The Naruto universe exists on its own. There's no difference between modern technology versus old technology. It doesn't exist in the reality's timeline, mind you. Obviously, you never seen anime series with anything from past to present jumbled up together. Remember, this is made for a generation of Japanese youngsters who mostly live in a world of technology.

As for the movie, it's only purpose to to gain as much profit while Naruto is still popular. It doesn't matter if there is a plot or not. As long as it's Naruto, people will watch it.
cubs2084

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:

As for the movie, it's only purpose to to gain as much profit while Naruto is still popular. It doesn't matter if there is a plot or not. As long as it's Naruto, people will watch it.

I hope they just don't shell them out every year, regardless of quality. They did that for DBZ, and all but 3 of the movies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:

We'll see...right now it's got a ways to go. Detective Conan will surpass DBZ first (it's up to like ten movies) and then One Piece after that (up to five or six...at least two of which are awful.)
But I doubt any of them will ever catch up to Doremon (25 and counting!)

It's hard to get exicited about anime movies, though, cause they're almost always much worse than the series with a few exceptions (Castle of Cogliostro, the Tenchi Movies) Did anyone who saw the Naruto movie think it was any good?
CaptainRisu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:27 am Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Why's it that they have Video cameras filming a movie aren't they in the past HUH? and soda cans, Business Suits, Computers WHAT?

um.... just because the Naruto world is not technology based, does not mean they live in the past. I believe it was in episode 6 team 7 used quite advanced looking walkie-talkies, and in one of Sasuke's flashbacks I saw a TV in his home.

so yea :3 i hope u didn't lose too much sleep over that one.

BUT i will agree with you, business suits and computers are very out of place for the Naruto world.
mrhomiec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:05 am Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:

yea.. like everyone else is saying.. who said Naruto is in the past?
during the Chuunin exam, they were using a computer to randomize the preliminary matches. they were using a computer for the dude with the bones. just because they don't have cars doesn't mean they're in the past. i think this is gonna be a cool movie
lyger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:24 am Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:

maybe not. most of the dbz movies where like 40 minutes and had the same formula

spoiler[bad guy and his pepole come
good guy beats up the bad guys pepole
bad guy beats up good guy till he is nearly dead
good guy gets big move ready (mostly the genkidama)
good guy kills bad guy everyone happy ]

the last couple of movies twist around this formula and get a lot better (movie 12 and 13 are really good)

i think naruto,s movies last about 90 minutes so i think one movie every year
Djablesse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
Well, since the anime is being licenced, there is some hope that the movies will be also. But I guess it really depends on Narutos's success stateside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cubs2084

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
lyger wrote:
cubs2084 wrote:

maybe not. most of the dbz movies where like 40 minutes and had the same formula

spoiler[bad guy and his pepole come
good guy beats up the bad guys pepole
bad guy beats up good guy till he is nearly dead
good guy gets big move ready (mostly the genkidama)
good guy kills bad guy everyone happy ]

the last couple of movies twist around this formula and get a lot better (movie 12 and 13 are really good)

i think naruto,s movies last about 90 minutes so i think one movie every year

I doubt Naruto's movies will get close to the quality of movies 12 and 13 any time soon.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
A Europeon-style knight? In Naruto's world? Oh, yeah, that's not hopelessly out of place or anything...
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
I'm interested in these Naruto movies because, well, aside from me generally being a fanboy, they seem to have really talanted directors.

The first had Tensai Okamura, who directed the wonderful "Stink Bomb" segment in Otomo's Memories anthology, and how Hirotsugu Kawasaki, who handled Spriggan and plenty of animation work on some stellar titles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, midievel knights and a fortress, that's wholely unexpected. Have to admit I'm really looking forward to this one, sounds like they might actually expand the world outside of their region. You have to figure there must be more out there than their asian-type local, so why not a european-type region? Great stuff, certainly gives them more room to expand and explore.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
oe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
Is is a "stray kid's pet," or a "kid's stray pet"? I guess it doesn't really matter. It could be "a stray kid's stray pet."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2