• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New K-On!! Songs Are #2, #3 on Weekly Singles Chart

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I swear some people are tone deaf. Both OPs have been horrendous this time around, the second considerably worse than the abysmal first. The only good thing about them is the animation. Thankfully the EDs are consistently good.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clueless313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I swear some people are tone deaf. Both OPs have been horrendous this time around, the second considerably worse than the abysmal first. The only good thing about them is the animation. Thankfully the EDs are consistently good.

Emerje

Although I don't particularly love the song, it's not horrible. But it's just not very good.

I'm not even sure what I mean by that.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 am Reply with quote
Well of course anyone would agree that the OPs aren't going to win song of the year, but they are catchy, and considering the OP and ED sales numbers were only off by 2K, it's obvious that the majority of people who bought one also bought the other, either to have "the complete set", or simply because the OPs are, with lack of a better word, catchy. I even found myself with the second OP stuck in my head a couple days ago.
Novium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
Well of course anyone would agree that the OPs aren't going to win song of the year, but they are catchy, and considering the OP and ED sales numbers were only off by 2K, it's obvious that the majority of people who bought one also bought the other, either to have "the complete set", or simply because the OPs are, with lack of a better word, catchy. I even found myself with the second OP stuck in my head a couple days ago.

Catchy indeed. I have the ED for the second season ringing in my head... or is that because I've been watching about 4 episodes straight? I do love it though.
uicno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quote
I find it funny how recently all anime songs/songs by seyuu are just below the latest songs by Johnny bands
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 am Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
Well of course anyone would agree that the OPs aren't going to win song of the year, but they are catchy . . .

So is syphilis, but that doesn't mean I want it stuck in my head. Razz
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote
I guess the Japanese love their music sped up (as is done in the opens), but it just sounds like something from Alvin & the Chipmunks to me! Razz
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
I don't know what everyone's talking about. The third OP is WAY better than the 2nd, and the 3rd ED is the best theme song K-ON has released thus far.

But at least we're not talking about "Don't Say Lazy" anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bayoab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
and considering the OP and ED sales numbers were only off by 2K, it's obvious that the majority of people who bought one also bought the other, either to have "the complete set", or simply because the OPs are, with lack of a better word, catchy.
There is a some random 2ch evidence that they don't buy equally but will buy tons of one copy and one of the other. (Which is usually done to get all the exclusive items).
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
reason 1 has much better songs.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
I don't know what everyone's talking about. The third OP is WAY better than the 2nd, and the 3rd ED is the best theme song K-ON has released thus far.

The first OP of the season would have been better if slower, it had a pretty good beat to it. The second OP has zero flow and makes a bunch of jarring changes in the lyrics that only sound good spoken, not sung. It's a total disaster for a show that's supposed to be about a music club. At least the OP animations have been good, successfully made to look like armature video.

Emerje
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

The first OP of the season would have been better if slower, it had a pretty good beat to it. The second OP has zero flow and makes a bunch of jarring changes in the lyrics that only sound good spoken, not sung. It's a total disaster for a show that's supposed to be about a music club. At least the OP animations have been good, successfully made to look like armature video.

Emerje

I don't necessarily care for the 2nd OP itself, but I love how they added some comedy to the intro for it. Especially when Mio, Ritsu, Mugi and Asuza are dancing left and right because it reminds me of something the chipmunks would do Anime hyper.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Cagayake Girls and Go Go Maniac weren't bad. I actually found them catchy. Utauyo!! Miracle on the other hand is just bad. It lacks any sort of solid rhythm to it. Aki Toyosaki is just not a very good singer though even though she's part of Sphere as well.
superunature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
well actually~ I think people nowaday (at least me anyways) buys CDs because of catchy covers, not the contents itself. just think how easy it is to download it 320kps cd quality tracks off the internet.
and personally, I think all of the k-on ops are pretty good, very "yui-like" you know. and although it got 2nd and 3rd this time around, both albums sold better then go go maniac and listen!! just that, some non-fictional bands are impossible to beat. as SMAP sold over 100k just the first day of release. while k-on albums sold under 30k each first day of release. I don't know, people have different tastes. personally, this is how I would rank the ops and eds
1.don't say "lazy"
2.no thank you
3.cagayake girls
4.go go maniac
5.utauyo miracle
6.listen!!
fuwa fuwa time tops them all though <3
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/492759
k-on vote, vote here
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Tone deaf? It's the rhythm of these songs that's particularly unusual not the lack of ability to maintain or change pitch. Stylistically I'd agree they are quite different, but that's probably why some have found them appealing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2