• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking Back on 9 Years of Attack on Titan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Love stuff like this. I don't primarily watch the dub for Attack on Titan as its airing, but my sister does and I've seen a lot of it during random re-watches and such. And imo S3 & 4 were easily their strongest output on the dub side from the acting, writing, casting new voices, etc... And some scenes like Eren and Armin's fight at the dinner table if anything felt even colder and harder to watch than I remember when watching in JPN.

I also think the point about Armin's casting is super interesting, Makes a lot of sense in hindsight and I agree it paid off with later seasons since they don't have to grapple with either changing the voice in a way that doesn't fit well with the rest of the dub's sound or re-casting.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Future of Eren

I won't spoil it. If anime Final Season stays true to manga go read manga. Final volume can be accessed on Crunchyroll site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1