• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, October 4-10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote
I don't get why the rank jumps ranks in the column. Should it not be a straight forward list like a top ten. As it is, it is a top eight list under the auspice of that style list even with a United States animation listed, but yet it jumps up to the 16th rank. I am sure there is a simple explanation, but if anyone wishes to share that would be great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quote
Well, the ranks jump because ANN is only reporting the animation, whereas there are other Blu-Ray disks being released. I suspect the reason why ANN doesn't just have a top ten animation list is so that us readers can tell how well animation is doing compared to Hollywood movies and what not.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote
But the topic says Japan's Animation Blu-ray disc ranking. That's a sector is it not?

If what you say is true, I guess it is good Japan's animations are in a dominant position.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leebo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why the inclusion of a "United States animation" changes anything. It's just a list of animation blu-ray releases in Japan that made the overall blu-ray chart. That's why the rankings have gaps.

Looking at the source linked at the bottom makes it clear
http://www.phileweb.com/ranking/bd-top20/

ANN assumes people don't care about the non-animation blu-ray releases that also made the top 20.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1