• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
good manga to read

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vergil

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quote
I am looking for a good manga to read. The manga I have now is wolf's rain, and shaman king. I like fantasy with action can you help pls.
firegirl22

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote
First off, try some of the other shonen jump titles, and since it seems like you enjoy action manga, try Bleach. Also, I'd try Flame of Recca, and if you want to know what they're about, check it out in the encyclopedia.
Kinomoto,Sakura

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I think you should read Tsubasa or Cardcaptor Sakura. Very Happy
JustinSane

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
vergil wrote:
I am looking for a good manga to read. The manga I have now is wolf's rain, and shaman king. I like fantasy with action can you help pls.

I'd definitely recommend Bleach, although it's not that much of a fantasy but plenty of action and if you don't mind extreme violence and a little nudity then pick up Berserk, although I wouldn't call Berserk's genre fantasy the setting and characters give it a great feel.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Naruto.

(I suggest this to everyone. Ha ha, I'm so biased.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aokage

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote
You shoud consider buying an issue of Shonen Jump, if you can find it in your area. It is a monthly collection of various Shonen based manga, like Naruto, One Piece, Shaman King, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho etc etc. Other manga i'd suggest...

Full Metal Panic
Magister Magi:Negima
Get Backers
Samurai Deeper Kyo
yaoi gurl00
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
lol sakura,have u ever read tsubasa?well the ending i mean?i am only on book 5...n e way another good book u should read is alice 19th,imadoki,only the ring finger knows,desire,yellow,vampire game,wolfs rain,fushigi yugi..ext..f.y.i u will get hooked!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Ranma 1/2 is hilarious, if you are into comedies, Rave is also a good manga, its much better then the anime, fushigi yûgi is a good shoûjo
Trickstr

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quote
Hellsing is very good, along with X. Naruto is ok also.
maple

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:18 am Reply with quote

Last edited by maple on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
utawoutau

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Definitely go out and buy an issue of Shonen Jump, or even better, get a subscription.

Bleach has been mentioned several times, and I would have to agree that it is worth taking a look at. It is the current 'talk of the town' if you will. It starts off kind of slow, but it picks up a lot of steam. Lots of action and a good story to boot.

Hikaru no Go doesn't fall into your fantasy/action description, but it is an incredible series. Solid storytelling, great artwork. You can get a sample of it if you get an issue of Shonen Jump as mentioned above.

One Piece has a lot of action with some memorable characters. It can be a little slap-sticky for some tastes, but it is good fun.

Berserk has action fantasy written all over it. But this is a very dark gory overrun with nasty demons series. The artwork is also fairly gritty.

Hunter X Hunter starts off as an average, but enjoyable series. However, it gets much much more interesting later in the series (think Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z - okay maybe not so drastic, but somewhere along those lines). Unfortunately, this series has only just started coming out in the States, and the story really doesn't pick up until volume 10 or so.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:46 am Reply with quote
Go with The Slayers for some classic fun. :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kamuigoshinki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quote
well, i think you should try and GTO.
I would tell you why, but i'm lazy. So just trust me it's great.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1