• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Champloo Manga Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quote
Can someone let me know if the manga was made after the anime, or was it before?

(Was the anime based on the manga, or the manga based on the anime?)

Thanks!
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:33 am Reply with quote
Like Wolf's Rain, the Samurai champloo manga is an adaption of the anime. The anime came first.

Also like Wolf's Rain, the manga might start the same as the anime but contain tatally different story in the later chapters.

It's only 2 volume long.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably end up checking it out of the library. I'm not in an adaptation mood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cell21

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:18 am Reply with quote
I might check it out,since some manga adaptations to anime shows either a slight difference or a totally alternative view comnpared to the anime.A good exmaple would be Trigun Maximum which shows a different way of telling the story.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
cell21 wrote:
A good exmaple would be Trigun Maximum which shows a different way of telling the story.

That's not a good example. It was written before the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
cell21 wrote:
I might check it out,since some manga adaptations to anime shows either a slight difference or a totally alternative view comnpared to the anime.
The Gundam SEED manga was similar to the anime, only just a bit more concise. Sometimes the art is noticibly different between the manga and anime, especially if the anime came first. I thought SEED's manga art was drawn better than the anime, or maybe the styles might just be different.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
cell21 wrote:
I might check it out,since some manga adaptations to anime shows either a slight difference or a totally alternative view comnpared to the anime.A good exmaple would be Trigun Maximum which shows a different way of telling the story.

Trigun is a bad example.

Anyways, most anime to manga adaption are different. And if you didn't read my post above, the samurai champloo is different from the anime even though it might start in a similar path.
t3hmun

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
if its not very longs then its probably going to be really dissapointing...
The anime was amazing, just like Cowboy-bebop but the mangas made of cowboy bebop were rubbish in comparison - to short to develop the characters.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:25 am Reply with quote
Don't 100% quote me on this.....it's just a rumor.

Borders is supposedly gonna sell the Untranslated Samurai Champloo Manga next month.

I've found out my previous post of their Untranslated Manga Price List that I found on the net might've spooked them (whomever posted first was someone in Borders that had access to the list and decided to make an "Unathorized Promotion."), so it's kinda hard to find the info to confirm it.
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:

Borders is supposedly gonna sell the Untranslated Samurai Champloo Manga next month.
I'd buy some of their ungtranslated manga, but the prices last time ($12.99) was just way to high.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:

I'd buy some of their ungtranslated manga, but the prices last time ($12.99) was just way to high.

Why not just buy the licenced edition, so you can actually read it and have a copy of higher quality (assuming it's the usual low tankoboun quality)?
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
.Sy wrote:
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:

I'd buy some of their untranslated manga, but the prices last time ($12.99) was just way to high.

Why not just buy the licenced edition, so you can actually read it and have a copy of higher quality (assuming it's the usual low tankoboun quality)?
Well I always do, but sometimes there are titles that might not be liscenced anytime soon, or I've read the series at the library and want to collect it anyway. So imports would be cheaper (online).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1