• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shima Kōsaku Corporate Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wonder how widely accepted or popular this topic will be in the anime community. Salarymen seem almost invisible unless their roles are needed as background characters: bar room dotards, scowling demanding fathers, the voice in the other room that announces curfews once the male interest enters the hallway. I thought Planettes did a excellent job illustrating what a maverick CEO can do to jumpstart a space program in its plotline. It was refreshing to see a positive spin where this guy was a driving force instead of a money drain or morale killer.
I'm not familiar with this manga series. Will this future anime release be an animated review of 1 rising star in the Forbes 400?
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
There was Salaryman Kintaro, but that still revolved around a more fictional premise that what this seems to be.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't there an article on Shima here on ANN not too long ago? Pretty sure I remember reading it.

I'll be interested in seeing this. It'll give a little bit more of a perspective on the Japanese business culture.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I normally don't read seinen manga about salarymen, but I think I might start reading the manga and keep an eye on this because it actually got my attention.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Wasn't there an article on Shima here on ANN not too long ago? Pretty sure I remember reading it.

There definitely was, and it was very interesting. I'm all for "somewhat unusual" anime that breaks the mold of "for children and nerds."
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Moshidora should be quite good, I mean, it has been the highest selling light novel in quite awhile, with actually a heavy female fanbase from what I have read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1