• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Edit List (new section idea)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluvia33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I have a little suggestion for the Encyclopedia: An "Edit List" section.

I got the idea after the recent news of the ADV manga release of By The Sword being edited for nudity. I was thinking that it'd be nice to have a stand alone section in the Encyclopedia (like the Releases and Events sections) dedicated to edits of anime and manga. It could have two columns, one for anime, one for manga, with them all listed in alphabetical order. They'd be listed by the title of the anime/manga and the company/release in parentheses, such as: By The Sword (ADV manga, US release), or Paranoia Agent (Cartoon Network, US TV). When a title is selected you'd have imformation about the nature of the edits (nudity, violence, and such), links to edit lists (like the ones posted of Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo), release/TV air dates of the edited material, etc.

Yeah, so it's not exactly a "little" suggestion, but I thought it'd be a nice idea. I don't have very many details of how exactly it would work, or how much work would have to go into making it. Just throwing the idea out there, seeing if anyone is interested in something like this.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
Wow, I was just thinking that exact same thing earlier today.

It's a good idea, but it's going to go into our infamous "to do list" and may take quite a while before it gets done.

-t
pluvia33

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:59 am Reply with quote
Cool! I'm glad that it's already being thought of, even if it may be far on the back-burner. Good luck with it, and everything else on your to-do list. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1