• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Vampire Knight GN 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
Oh, exciting, the English release has hit the part of the manga I haven't read yet (and the part of the manga not covered by the anime as well). I guess I should catch up, since I only own the first volume (though I read the entirety of its run in Shojo Beat magazine).

I did vaguely know about the year jump, I think. I'm very glad to see that it was pulled off well and I can really see how doing something like that would be the best move for the narrative, since clearly they wanted to keep the series going after the Rido arc concluded.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
Finally, a good review for Vampire Knight! See, I was right when I said it got better! Too bad we won't see too much of Zero for awhile, though. This second arc focuses a bit too much on Yuuki and Kaname for my taste. But I've been following the latest chapters, and though it's taken awhile, things are finally starting to get interesting! So, yes please, go back to Vampire Knight; it's well worth it!
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote
I stopped reading this ages ago (the angst was too much and not the kind I like Razz) and I'm glad to see it seems to be getting better. Some of the points seem way to generic though so I still don't think I'll continue it. I'll wait for the next volume's review before I make up my mind.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
I stopped reading this ages ago (the angst was too much and not the kind I like Razz) and I'm glad to see it seems to be getting better. Some of the points seem way to generic though so I still don't think I'll continue it. I'll wait for the next volume's review before I make up my mind.

Vampire Knight is like candy. If it suits your tastes, you engorge in it, and if you don't like the flavor, you can only have a little bit of it before getting sick.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
Ha, ha, what's up with the review image on the main page?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:

Was just going to mention that myself.

For those unaware, currently the small image for the review is a gray box that says "use your OWN server to host images" with AnimeNewsNetwork.com written on the top.

It's kind of funny. Darn ANN stealing bandwidth from itself! Razz
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Fronzel wrote:

Was just going to mention that myself.

For those unaware, currently the small image for the review is a gray box that says "use your OWN server to host images" with AnimeNewsNetwork.com written on the top.

It's kind of funny. Darn ANN stealing bandwidth from itself! Razz

Was going to say the same too Anime hyper

Any rate I am a fan of the manga and art style. I wonder if they would animate more since it could be profitable with the vampire thing going on.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Unofrtunately I have heard no work of a season 3 and i have a feeling it will never had one cause of probably the same thing there were never any series for Angel Sancutary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1