• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saki Creator Ritz Kobayashi Takes Time Off Due to Surgery

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote
ohh well, i guess the anime should be delay for one more season too.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that really sucks. Hope that she is able to heal her injury back to 100% condition.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
And if not for this announcement, almost no one would even notice since it comes out at such a slow pace anyway.

Spotlesseden wrote:
ohh well, i guess the anime should be delay for one more season too.

It won't have any effect on that. The quarter-final match already finished last year and the upcoming new anime wouldn't cover past that no matter what. The semi-final has only been going for about 3 chapters (in about as many months) and at the rate the manga has been going, it will take a 1-2 years to go through that anyway, so it was never going to be part of the upcoming new anime series.
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I hope she gets better and get back healthy 100% Cool
recrimson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

It won't have any effect on that. The quarter-final match already finished last year and the upcoming new anime wouldn't cover past that no matter what. The semi-final has only been going for about 3 chapters (in about as many months) and at the rate the manga has been going, it will take a 1-2 years to go through that anyway, so it was never going to be part of the upcoming new anime series.

It actually will, remember she was working on both quarterfinals and Achiga's script during those years..
and the quarterfinals is quite fast paced, I would be surprised if they manage to stretch them to 12 episode anime.

They need the semifinals for the anime, since the quarterfinals are way inferior to Achiga's semifinals.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh jesus. Why does my most favorite manga author have to go on hiatus when the manga is just at the best part?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
My first reaction was "Ritz Kobayashi is a female?" Anyway, I'm hoping that her surgery will go well.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Alternate theory: Pregnant with Igarashi's IPS baby.
recrimson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Alternate theory: Pregnant with Igarashi's IPS baby.

This
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
recrimson wrote:

It actually will, remember she was working on both quarterfinals and Achiga's script during those years..
and the quarterfinals is quite fast paced, I would be surprised if they manage to stretch them to 12 episode anime.

You have a very strange definition of "fast paced" The first anime covered up to about chapter 55. The quarter-finals end in chapter 100. The quarter-finals take nearly as long as everything preceding it.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Wishing her a good and quick recovery from her surgery. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
recrimson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
recrimson wrote:

You have a very strange definition of "fast paced" The first anime covered up to about chapter 55. The quarter-finals end in chapter 100. The quarter-finals take nearly as long as everything preceding it.

I said the "quarter-finals" are fast paced, and in comparison to Achiga semi, it would be better to make it 2-cour anime

Edit : pardon my stubborness, but I do some research
Achiga 12 episode anime have 786 pages
possible quarterfinals only Saki have 603 pages
So maybe they can stretch it with a filler but I still feel it would be better for 2-cour..

Last edited by recrimson on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
recrimson wrote:

I said the "quarter-finals" are fast paced, and in comparison to Achiga semi, it would be better to make it 2-cour anime

I don't see how that follows.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
recrimson wrote:

Actually, you had previously said the exact opposite.

Quote:

First you said they didn't have enough material for one cour, now you're saying it would be better as a two cour series.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant to the original point, which is whether its one cour or two, the next anime adaptation of the main manga is not going to start the semi-finals no matter what, so the delay of the manga will not affect it.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
recrimson wrote:

Actually, you had previously said the exact opposite.

Quote:

First you said they didn't have enough material for one cour, now you're saying it would be better as a two cour series.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant to the original point, which is whether its one cour or two, the next anime adaptation of the main manga is not going to start the semi-finals no matter what, so the delay of the manga will not affect it.

what make you so sure? How is delay the anime not help? Delay means more manga. More manga that mean, it will closer to finish the semi final when the anime air. We already know for sure there will be no saki next season(all the anime time slots are already sold and locked), and most likely not June Season(most time slots taken). Delay until next year will help alot. They can easily make more than 13 eps.

I bet it will start the semi-finals. Last time i bet the Saki: side A will finish the semi-finals. Most people disagree, but I was right.
I didn't to bookmark that topic. I will bookmark this one. damn it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2