• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What was your first manga series you completed(and anime)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchidragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what manga series(mostly)and anime series you completed first.I am wondering this because I never completed a manga before and I was curious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dranxis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
My first finished manga series was El Hazard: The Magnificent World, which was a spin-off of the anime of the same name. Shortly after I finished the Zoids: Chaotic Century manga, which was another spin-off of an anime. After that I expanded to series that were exclusively manga or originally manga series before the anime.

Since then, I've finished 13 or 14 odd series but my longest is Dragon Ball at 16 volumes. Finishing a manga is always pretty satisfying, but depends on how good the ending is. Sometimes a manga will be pulled out of publication and the manga-ka will have to scrounge up a quick ending, and it turns out awful. Confused
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...not counting one shots or things I borrowed (goes too far back to remmember), I suppose it would be Nausicaa, the first edition that is.
Mistical83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
Alice 19th, it's a pretty short manga actually, about 7 books. I wish I had the time to finish reading longer manga series though Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ulthrion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:23 am Reply with quote
The only two series that I've completed are cowboy bebop and cowboy bebop -- shooting star (both finished at the same time), but they are 3 and 2 volumes long, so I don't really think that they would count Wink.

I'm nearing the end of a number of series; Nausicaa will probably the first one, which will probably be next friday (but there is always the chance that they are out of volumes 6/7), or Confidential Confessions, of which I only need volume 4.

Farseer Ulthrion
LPMtheAWESOME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quote
My very first manga would also be the first and only set to complete so far at 14 volumes- Love Hina.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm nearing the end of a number of series; Nausicaa will probably the first one, which will probably be next friday (but there is always the chance that they are out of volumes 6/7),

You're in for a treat: volumes 6 and 7 are the best of the series. I've just finished recollecting Nausicaa in the new edition, and having read it for the third time I'm even more amazed.
Ulthrion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:13 am Reply with quote
Dranxis wrote:
Quote:
I'm nearing the end of a number of series; Nausicaa will probably the first one, which will probably be next friday (but there is always the chance that they are out of volumes 6/7),

You're in for a treat: volumes 6 and 7 are the best of the series. I've just finished recollecting Nausicaa in the new edition, and having read it for the third time I'm even more amazed.

Better yet, I've only read volume 1 so far, and saved the rest up for when I had the series completed, so I have a long and fun read ahead of me Smile.

Farseer Ulthrion
Grieving Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
My first fully complete manga was the original release of Magic Knight Rayearth - also my first CLAMP manga.
Arkard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, in my all life I tried many collections. Usually involving certain magazines on various topics, but manga was the first collection I actually finished. And the first of the group was Dragon Ball. Oh yea, all 42 volumes, each bought a maximum of 2 days after its premiere in Poland. Still in perfect condition standing proudly in my room, as my first manga, the thing which got me interested in m&a, my first collection and the longest series I ever got.
odango

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote
it was so long ago Laughing I remember the first manga I got : vol 4 of Sailor Moon in french... but I think I actually finished Rayearth (also in french) before, because it's only 6 volumes compared to Sailor Moon which is 18...

As for anime, I think Fushigi Yugi would be it, I remember watching the fansubs at our anime club, (like before Bittorrent and when anime was on VHS Razz )
cherry_panda24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
My favorite Finished Anime and Manga was for Sailor Moon Very Happy
lovehinafan1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
The very first series I completed was Love Hina <3.
And the best series I collected thus far. A great manga first. I'll never forget the things I shared with that manga *stares into space and remembers* Sigh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Futurhythm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote
The first manga I completed was Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I bought it as a boxset and it was worth every cent! I adore the Nausicaa manga so much it's beyond words.

Individual volumes I think it would have been Love Hina. Although it's been so long now since I finished it, I still read it randomly now and again. It always bring a smile to my face.
cboudreau

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:14 am Reply with quote
First completed manga was Nausicaa and then Planetes. First completed anime was Cowboy Bebop.

I'm currently working on No. 5 and Lone Wolf and Cub manga, and Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Alchemist anime.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4