• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bastard!! coming to PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I heard about this. It sounds awesome, especially because I am a Bastard!! fan.

Another anime based MMORPG is being made, too.

Gung-Ho Entertainment announced a MMORPG based on the Hokuto no Ken (Fist of The North Star) universe.

http://www.gungho.jp/press/052.asp
MugenKeiji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Actually that's not such a bad idea, it works like Capcom and Disney or Konami and Ninja Turtles. Given Tecmo's...er, history a series like Bastard!! Fits those guys like a glove regardless of the genre.
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! More Bastard!!

I love the OAV, but I was saddened that they finish it up; now I have to get the manga to finish it. But this MMO sound like a great idea.
Raoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
coldfusion5050 wrote:
YES!!! More Bastard!!

I love the OAV, but I was saddened that they finish it up; now I have to get the manga to finish it. But this MMO sound like a great idea.

Yeah, too bad its only being made for the Japanese version of Windows.

A release of this, or the Fist of the North Star MMORPG, in the USA, or anywhere aside from Japan for that matter, is highly unlikely.

The Popularity of both of those series in the U.S. is not to great, even though both are good series with long historys inside Japan.

Bastard!! particularly has been ongoing since the late 80's, and Fist of the North Star has garnered enough popularity to have made into a live action movie, aswell as having new OVA's and Movie's coming out in the future.

Still, I'd like to see a Bastard!! TV series, personally. The OVA, while being a fun story with good animation (for its time), sucked. A six episode OVA is just barly touching the tip of the Bastard!! universe.

Maybe those are just my opinions, though.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Why are they making a Bastard MMORPG when we STILL dob't have a Hunter X Hunter Greed Island MMORPG?
Crimsonwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
Even though it's stated that it's only being developed for the Japanese version of Windows, that does not mean we wont be able to use it, being a long time beta tester of usually foreign MMO games there tends to be many ways around certain issues like this as long as some people are willing to make the tweaks.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:41 am Reply with quote
I hope they keep in all the 80's metal and rock references.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mattousai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quote
i wouldnt mind getting japanese windows on a dual boot, but im sure its really expensive Sad
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Mattousai wrote:
i wouldnt mind getting japanese windows on a dual boot, but im sure its really expensive Sad

i know in 2k and XP u can have windows set up in japanese. Right now my US copy of 2k is set to japanese region setting so I play some of the fighters i have. Melty blood flatout refused to install untill i set my region to japanese.
everthing is in english but my clock is on 24hour tie is says its 22:21 here. and my M-S is in japanese. but all my english progs still work and my menus are in english.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mattousai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:11 am Reply with quote
yeah, i use the regional settings and language bar to switch between Japanese and eng in xp... but thats not the same thing as japanese xp
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Mattousai wrote:
yeah, i use the regional settings and language bar to switch between Japanese and eng in xp... but thats not the same thing as japanese xp
hey if it runs the games its good enough for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1