• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, March 25-31

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Toriko has now fallen below Hunter x Hunter? I can't imagine its going to be on the air much longer at this rate.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Had Doraemon and Shin-chan aired, Toriko would be out of the Top 10. For a prestigious sunday morning time-slot on Fuji TV, that's pretty bad.

And yikes at One Piece's rating too. Obviously without Dragon Ball Kai it was never going to remain consistently around 11% with spikes at almost 14% (!!!) but 6.8% is worse than what it did before Dragon Ball Kai when it aired after Gege no Kitaro and when it wasn't as hugely popular. Toriko is obviously doing One Piece no favors.

Next week's ratings will be very interesting :
-the Toriko/One Piece/DBZ crossover : I'm gonna go and say around 8.5-9% first part, 10-11% second part.
-Space Brothers airing on NTV at 5.30 pm on saturday for the first time : will it be a success or will it be Detective Conan's Toriko ?
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Toriko has now fallen below Hunter x Hunter? I can't imagine its going to be on the air much longer at this rate.

Unless it's not selling any merchandise then that would be wrong. DB Kai had high ratings and got cancelled because it didn't sell enough merchandise.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
with the badass string of eps HxH has been having, I'm glad that it got on the charts!
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

You could say the same about Naruto. Yet it still plods along. Toriko actually jus finished a really good arc. Hopefully it'll continue.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

You could say the same about Naruto. Yet it still plods along. Toriko actually jus finished a really good arc. Hopefully it'll continue.

Not really, since Naruto airs on TV Tokyo, which isn't really that popular of a station.. and it doesn't have that great of a timeslot. While Toriko is airing on the most popular station right next to One Piece, which is nearly as good of a timeslot as you can get... and its not even able to outdo Hunter x Hunter anymore.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Not really, since Naruto airs on TV Tokyo, which isn't really that popular of a station.. and it doesn't have that great of a timeslot. While Toriko is airing on the most popular station right next to One Piece, which is nearly as good of a timeslot as you can get... and its not even able to outdo Hunter x Hunter anymore.
How many times has it not been able to outdo Hunter x Hunter? I looked at the past two reports alone, and Toriko was above it each time, so you're saying it can't outdo HxH anymore after falling below it only once?

Also it still is on these almost every single week, so clearly it is managing to do well enough to stay on the air.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
Both Toriko and One Piece are not at normal level, something must have happened that weekend with lowered the rating for both.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quote
Curious George beat Toriko Laughing
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:09 am Reply with quote
I'm really happy for the HxH ratings. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1