• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Evangelion Classroom to Be Recreated in Hakone

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:

The recreation is part of a bigger "Evangelion x Hakone-machi x Toyota Electric Power Instrumentality Project in Tokyo-3 First Municipal Middle School" event....

I dunno what could even be bigger than that title! Laughing

Anime News Network wrote:

In a separate development, Evangelion character designer/manga artist Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is collaborating with the uniform retailer Conomi to offer official high-quality Evangelion school uniforms. For the World Seifuku Project, Sadamoto personally supervised the design process and create enhanced details not seen in the simplified anime designs.

"World Seifuku Project"...... heheh glad the world is so concerned........ Just keep it short - that's all we ask. Laughing
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The recreation is part of a bigger "Evangelion x Hakone-machi x Toyota Electric Power Instrumentality Project in Tokyo-3 First Municipal Middle School" event…

It displeases me that the term "Instrumentality", which denotes a bizarre and disturbing event within Evangelion, is used in a manner as frivolous as this. It is as if Eva fans will embrace any commercial venture that makes trivial reference to the series' most memorable scenes and devices, even a venture that shows little regard to how grave and challenging such scenes and devices were.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gentry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
The recreation is part of a bigger "Evangelion x Hakone-machi x Toyota Electric Power Instrumentality Project in Tokyo-3 First Municipal Middle School" event…

It displeases me that the term "Instrumentality", which denotes a bizarre and disturbing event within Evangelion, is used in a manner as frivolous as this. It is as if Eva fans will embrace any commercial venture that makes trivial reference to the series' most memorable scenes and devices, even a venture that shows little regard to how grave and challenging such scenes and devices were.
It's a cartoon mate. Rolling Eyes
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
Wait till the students that get in the class get news of new students arriving during the 1st week it opens and they get the 1 child, 2nd child and 3rd child chair seats and vanish during classes when giant rumbling begins near by somewhere shaking the windows as what looks like a giant Gundam walks by their school..

And so it begins, Japan advances far far far into the future we never saw coming.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Presumably in fifty years this will be taken to its logical conclusion and Gainax will unleash bio-engineered angel clones onto Tokyo.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Gentry wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
So, this is essentially going to be...pretty much a completely-ordinary classroom? Razz
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
...How do you recreate a classroom environment that was based on preexisting classroom environments?
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm personally interested in the bit about Ogata doing a live radio-show broadcast... Very Happy

Anybody know if there's a website to listen to the show online that day/night? I'd love to hear what she has to say. (Then again I am an Ogata fangirl... >_>)
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:34 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:

Even Anno doesn't take Evangelion seriously anymore, just watch that pile of sh*t known as Eva 2.22. Nowadays Eva is just a cashcow, nothing more.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Gentry wrote:

I'd be all over that shirt... if only they had gotten the quote right... and had remembered subject-verb agreement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
The Evangelion Classroom event was canceled after the Earthquake/Tsunami. Source: http://www.phv-eva.jp/topics/?p=220

My thoughts and prayers go out to everybody affected! Please donate to Red Cross or another organization, even if it's only a little! Every bit helps!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1