• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Shoot the Corps

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KariOhki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
Actually about Ar tonelico Qoga's title, that was NISA's change. It IS called Ar tonelico III in Japan, so don't blame Gust Razz

I wish I could try Okamiden before buying it, not like I should since I haven't even beaten the first game.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
For all its trimmings, I still loved Yakuza 3. The lack of the hostess game and the whatnot didn't bother me in any way.

And DEFINITELY looking forward to Skull Girls... I have always loved these obscure, quirky fighting games.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, I had that Turbo Touch SNES controller. Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:53 am Reply with quote
NISA already charged me for Ar tonelico Qoga tonight so hopefully I'll have a shipping confirmation later today. Now I just need to finish Neptunia before it comes out, I'm about 70% through that.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
*sigh*

It's time to subsidize the cost of the XBox 360 with the sale of my Wii, because I want to play Skullgirls. The style and game play look awesome, and it's pretty [bleep] sickening this game won't even make it to the Wii (unless it's dumb-downed into a party game).
redcar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
It's finally time for Ar Tonelico 3! Now I just need to get the game...and the system to play it... Confused
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
Will look into Okamiden. Can't ignore that cute pup! And Skullgirls seems interesting as well. Like that it won't be spammy in ways and more different takes on this genre is a good thing.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Okami-den! Finally Smile It looks cute :3 I wonder when on earth I will find the time to play it -_-
Shaterri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
KariOhki wrote:
I wish I could try Okamiden before buying it, not like I should since I haven't even beaten the first game.

...You realize you can, right? A short demo is available for wifi transfer on the Nintendo channel if you have a Wii, and I'm pretty sure the same demo's available at any Nintendo download station (e.g., Gamestop or what-have-you; I think even some Wal-Marts have them).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow that ad would be so easy to exploit on the Internet today. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten bashed before.

Ar tonelico Qoga: I gotta get my preorder! Yeah that artbook will definitely explain everything lol Anime hyper

Jikandia: Even though I've been completely ignoring this game since it was first mentioned on RPGFan, that timer mechanic does sound like very creative concept. So adding more time makes the dungeon longer and more complex. Very nice!
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I actually really liked Uprising, even if it was INSANELY hard. The final boss alone makes you wanna cry. Also looking forward to Okamiden
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Ar tonelico Qoga: I gotta get my preorder! Yeah that artbook will definitely explain everything lol Anime hyper

No, that's not it. He only said it "will tell you all you need to know about the game." Laughing
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I saw one of the builds of Skullgirls at the last Seasons Beatings, and the system is really quite remarkable. You can tell that the developers loved both Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

And developers need to stop putting zombie modes in their games.
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
In defense of the English dub for Uprising, the voice actors were random native speakers practically pulled off the streets of Japan. The dub director was tearing his hair over it.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Jikandia looks pretty interesting. Unfortunately I've promised not to touch a single Aksys game until I get Arcana Heart 3 on the US 360.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2