• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: T.M. Revolution to Turn Concert Into Charity Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittendreamz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Good for Takanori. It's so tragic, but it is good to see people who have the ability to use their talents and skills to try and help everyone else out.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Takanori out recently because of his voice? It's nice to see him planning this, but hoping he takes care of himself first.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
How sweet of him!
I hope it goes well Very Happy
SpaceDrake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
As if us fans didn't already know that TMR was the classiest act in Japan already. Good on him for doing this.
toyNN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah he was so nice to hear his back with this concert - streamed for free and donating the proceeds from it is a great thing for him to do. I'll be watching!

Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Wasn't Takanori out recently because of his voice? It's nice to see him planning this, but hoping he takes care of himself first.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Good that other celebrities are doing their part.

For instance, Lady Gaga Designs Japanese Tsunami Relief Wristband, "all proceeds from sales of prayer bracelets will go to those affected by Friday's tragic disaster."

So buy those bracelets too if you want to contribute.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! TM Revolution is so awesome, especially the lead singer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

T.M.Revolution only is the lead singer. Smile It's a project name for his solo stuff. Takanori Nishikawa is T.M.Revolution.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

T.M.Revolution only is the lead singer. Smile It's a project name for his solo stuff. Takanori Nishikawa is T.M.Revolution.

*info flies over head*

Well, damn. First it's Gnarls Barkley (who I thought was one guy), now it's TM Revolution (who IS only one guy). STOP CONFUSING ME, MUSIC!
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
all the more reason to be a fan of the guy. I'm gonna try to remember that free stream, too. seriously, it's nice seeing what good things are being done by people like him, who have enough fame to do more than what many others can.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Michi wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

*info flies over head*

Well, damn. First it's Gnarls Barkley (who I thought was one guy), now it's TM Revolution (who IS only one guy). STOP CONFUSING ME, MUSIC!
if you potentially want to be more confused, TM Revolution is also the lead singer for Abingdon Boys School as well as a solo artist.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Michi wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

*info flies over head*

if you potentially want to be more confused, TM Revolution is also the lead singer for Abingdon Boys School as well as a solo artist.

I knew about Abingdon Boys School, that's how I found out about TM Revolution. Though someone told me it was TM Revolution's "side project" which made me think "a member's side project" Anime hyper.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Beginning last year, numerous Japanese "rappers, singers, track-makers and designers" have taken part in JP2HAITI.

All the proceeds of the song, 「光-Hikari-」 ("-Hikari," or "-Light-") by JP2HAITI, released earlier this year, go to aid the victims of the devastating 2010 Haiti Earthquake.

(I purchased and downloaded "-Hikari-" from iTunes Japan last month.)

Now, Japan needs help for the victims of the catastrophic 2011 Touhoku Kantou Earthquake and Tsunami.

In the past, I have made charitable contributions to victims of the Haiti Earthquake in 2010 and 2011, 911 in 2001, the Sumatra Earthquake and Tsunami in 2004, Hurricane Katrina in 2005, etc.

I plan to continue to do so for victims of the largest earthquake ever recorded in Japan's history.

If you can, please do so too.
Kawwwa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote
I'm glad someone wishes to share his talent to help others.... I hope there will be more volunteers soon :3...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1