• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xbox One Will Not Launch in Japan in November

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what a worst reception for the Xbox One is.

In the West, where all the people are making fun of it, or in Japan, where no one even knows or cares it exists.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

In the West, where all the people are making fun of it, or in Japan, where no one even knows or cares it exists.

I'm sure there are hardcore otaku that do want to play it, however this has to be the biggest blunder they have ever pulled. This map was posted on neogaf earlier today keep in mind to all those on ann if you don't live in areas highlighted in green you can not play xbox one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised it won't launch there. It took ages for the 360 to finally sell its one millionth unit there.

I do wonder how the Xbox One will fare when they eventually get it. Struggle to sell 100,000 units given its restrictions?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I'm sure there are hardcore otaku that do want to play it.

Yes and I like to add that there were Xbox 360 games that was never released in Japan but yet those unreleased 360 games got popular in Japan despite a lot of these unreleased 360 games are also available on PS3 (which by the way are region free) also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Xbox 360 didn't even break 2 millions in Japan. It's kind of waste time and money to release Xbox One in Japan.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
And not a single shit was given that day.

But really, the XBDone is a piece of shit and Japan doesn't care about the Xbox brand at all so this is not really a surprise.
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
Mentioned this yesterday as well. The good thing is that it will be hard for this sh*t to pull a Tales of Vesperia on us big jrpg fans, even then, this time not even a Shin Megami tensei title would make me commit the same mistake I did with the 360, thou I reckon I loved Vesperia and Last Odyssey and enjoyed Blue Dragon, thats about it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Well, no real point in trying to appeal to a country that doesn't care I guess.

But I suppose this means people don't have to worry about them putting "exclusive" JRPGs on it like the early 360 had which made people get it.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Mentioned this yesterday as well. The good thing is that it will be hard for this sh*t to pull a Tales of Vesperia on us big jrpg fans, even then, this time not even a Shin Megami tensei title would make me commit the same mistake I did with the 360, thou I reckon I loved Vesperia and Last Odyssey and enjoyed Blue Dragon, thats about it.

They did have infinite undiscovery and eternal sonata as well but yeah the slimming where pretty damn then. I got a 360 for action based games like devil may cry, fallout 3, gears of war, bayonetta, bio-shock and I'll admit cod4/waw. It was much cheaper than getting a ps3 at the time and I didn't have access to gaming computer. Now looking at the X1, no thanks not now or ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
Not surprised at all.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
SoraChanShadow wrote:
Not surprised at all.

At japan not getting the system or more than half the world not getting it?
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

They did have infinite undiscovery and eternal sonata as well but yeah the slimming where pretty damn then. I got a 360 for action based games like devil may cry, fallout 3, gears of war, bayonetta, bio-shock and I'll admit cod4/waw. It was much cheaper than getting a ps3 at the time and I didn't have access to gaming computer. Now looking at the X1, no thanks not now or ever.

Yea, Eternal Sonata is on PS3, have it on on to play list still, Infinite was not that good, so those 3 are the only ones I loved/enjoyed on 360 in my case.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
I don't know why anyone would trust Microsoft's hardware now when the Xbox 360 was a piece of fragile crap.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I don't know why anyone would trust Microsoft's hardware now when the Xbox 360 was a piece of fragile crap.

360s have been reliable since the Jasper units 4-5 years ago. The new Slims even better. But then, these are Gen-1 XB1 and PS4s, so who knows with either.

Anyways, this makes sense - release product where strongest first, like Apple does (y'know how long they took some countries), to build up interest. Remember, even 3DS and PS Vita took a couple months to get to the West. However, since XB1 has a direct competitor in PS4 launching about the same time, if they take too long, by the time they reach the other countries, it may be too late.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quote
SoraChanShadow wrote:
Not surprised at all.

At japan not getting the system or more than half the world not getting it?

have to say BOTH, if the article had also read "Japan not getting Xbox One ever" I would also not be surprised.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2