• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon to Air Mewtwo ~Gakusei e no Prologue~ Anime Special

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
July will be a good month for the show. With this special then Pansy's debut the following week in the anime setting up XY.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
Forever Mewtwo fanboy. All hail the strongest Pokemon ever. Screw you Arceus.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
Yesss. The more Mewtwo in the anime, the better. I'm interested to see how this Mewtwo's story pans out, since it seems like this is different from the one we know.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
I don't think Mewtwo has appeared since Mewtwo Returns, and it will be interesting to see the character return. It's the only followup film IIRC. Makes sense, since the first film is by far the best IMO. I remember every kid I knew went to see it, and I can still quote so much of it.
I wonder if Dan Green will return to voice Mewtwo (too bad Phillip Bartlett passed away).
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I don't think Mewtwo has appeared since Mewtwo Returns, and it will be interesting to see the character return. It's the only followup film IIRC. Makes sense, since the first film is by far the best IMO. I remember every kid I knew went to see it, and I can still quote so much of it.
I wonder if Dan Green will return to voice Mewtwo (too bad Phillip Bartlett passed away).

Mewtwo DID made an appearance in The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon after Mewtwo Returns. Wink
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Mewtwo DID made an appearance in The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon after Mewtwo Returns. Wink

Wasn't the same Mewtwo from the films. This special isn't in any way canon to the movies.

Little_Hawk wrote:
Forever Mewtwo fanboy. All hail the strongest Pokemon ever. Screw you Arceus.

Neither -- Deoxys-A, f.y.i.
Kyoshinhei
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
Awakening is not "Gakusei" but "Kakusei" (and the furiganas on the official site spell it so)
Just for the sake of being a Grammar Nazi and because "Mewtwo - Prologue to the Student" really feels like a weird title Wink
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
Kyoshinhei wrote:
Awakening is not "Gakusei" but "Kakusei" (and the furiganas on the official site spell it so)
Just for the sake of being a Grammar Nazi and because "Mewtwo - Prologue to the Student" really feels like a weird title Wink

Oh dear, that made me laugh. Mewtwo goes to college! He majors in... HUMAN DOMINATION.

Anyway, I must say I'm disappointed that other characters aren't making an appearance. After all, it was Takeshi and Kasumi who first encountered Mewtwo with Satoshi.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
And so the trend is reversed. For once, the monster topping the bill is one whose initial popularity I can actually remember!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1