• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist, Negima! hit USA Today's top 150

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
#126? Wow, that's pretty high up there.

What was the highest spot for a manga? I'm pretty sure it was a Fruits Basket book, but I forget which volume and how high it got.
David Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quote
The highest volume so far in this USAToday's Top 150 is Fruits Basket volume 10 at number 69.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
David Taylor wrote:
The highest volume so far in this USAToday's Top 150 is Fruits Basket volume 10 at number 69.

Wait for the news stories when the next Fruits Basket makes it into the Top 50.

A Japanese comic in the Top 50? Don't think it could happen? I think Dylan said it best: "Oh the times, they are a'changing."
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
69? Wowsers.

And yes, I do find it likely that a manga, most likely Fruits Basket, will make it into the top 50. Inevitable, in fact.
David Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Anyone not think that Naruto would break the top 50, or is the recent popularity (dominance of bookscans top 10 figures, anime on Cartoon Network) not as strong as the pondering giant that Fruits Basket surely is.

Personally I think FB probably will but recently Viz Media seems to be not walking over, but jumping up and down on FB with Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist and Rurouni Kenshin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1