• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Panel at Anime Expo to be Streamed on SimulTV

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
That's great news.

Kind of surprising too, since I was under the impression that one reason you didn't see a lot of official live-streaming of these kinds of events was that the larger convention venues usually have union contracts regarding video broadcasts, agreements that were written with television in mind but arguably covering live-streaming as well.

Hope it works without a login, because I can't get SimulTV's sign-up form to work with any Mac browser.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I'll be at work at that time. :'(
D-Gold

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
PBsallad wrote:
Oh man, I'll be at work at that time. :'(

I feel your pain. I will miss some of it unless the stream will somehow work with an android phone. With me not seeing an app I am a lil worried.
rhetoricalnoise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else having trouble using this streaming site? Tried registering earlier today and it wouldn't go through. Now the site isn't loading for me at all. Sad
gothicangel89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote
rhetoricalnoise wrote:
Anyone else having trouble using this streaming site? Tried registering earlier today and it wouldn't go through. Now the site isn't loading for me at all. Sad

Mine's not loading either.
NottJim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Down for me too Sad I hope they get this fixed, I'm really looking forward to seeing the ANN panel.
Dfens

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
It has been up and down all morning since I learned of the announcement.

Then I read the f-ers charge a subscription fee, since their free trial ended June 30th.

Thanks but no thanks pay to watch one measly panel.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
It keeps going back saying something is wrong when registering. For me, it's due to the fact that it won't enable the state dropbox after picking U.S. as the country.

Really annoying that you have to register to watch the stream and then find out that you can't even register right now due to a bug.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
It keeps going back saying something is wrong when registering. For me, it's due to the fact that it won't enable the state dropbox after picking U.S. as the country.

Exact problem I had. Looks like they really blew a good opportunity to grow their user base. Maybe they should have tested their stuff before taking off for the holiday.
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I get about 1 frame ever 30 seconds with sound constantly dropping. I would say that its unwatchable. I'll just wait for the podcast no big deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Not sure how to feel about the site's new layout, looks a little too much like Kotaku. It's nice that you can still use the original, though.

Justin owns ANN? I honestly didn't know that.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
shavedog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone even having any luck getting on to their live stream? I have been trying for almost an hour now and I am lucky if I can even get their home page to load and have not even successfully signed in. I was so looking forward to being able to check out some panels live and as much as I new I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up with some start up company being able to pull it off, this is such a major disappointment. At this point should I even attempt to catch the Sentai panel?
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Exact problem I had. Looks like they really blew a good opportunity to grow their user base. Maybe they should have tested their stuff before taking off for the holiday.

Me too I am able to fill out everything but the state Crying or Very sad

v1cious wrote:
Not sure how to feel about the site new layout, looks a little too much like Kotaku. It's nice that you can still use the original, though.

Are you watching it thru the SimulTV site or are you there in person?
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Stepppingoui wrote:
invalidname wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Me too I am able to fill out everything but the state Crying or Very sad

v1cious wrote:
Not sure how to feel about the site new layout, looks a little too much like Kotaku. It's nice that you can still use the original, though.

Are you watching it thru the SimulTV site or are you there in person?

Simultv, it's working fine for me for some reason.
shavedog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Yep it seems thats a recurring theme. Had the same problem when I tried to sign up with a different username. Only did this because everytime I try to sign in with the username I originally had from signing up 4 days ago it doesnt sign me in.....instead gives me a stupid error message and tells me the administrator will be notified. I'm just fed up now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2