• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Mardock Scramble Film Blu-ray Slated for September in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, about time! I almost forgot about this movie lol. The second film of the trilogy seemed like a set up so hoping this third movie will wrap things up on a good note.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Hope it moves faster and doesn't have as much intentional "weird for the sake of being weird" crap as the second film did.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the stateside release.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote
So hopefully that means something like March 2014 for the US release. Awesome. Though it is a heck of a long time to wait for one hour of anime.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
Finally! Definitely ready for more.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hope it moves faster and doesn't have as much intentional "weird for the sake of being weird" crap as the second film did.

I didint catch many of those instances of weirdness, but I did think the second one slowed down by comparison to the first film. This is a great trilogy though, need more anime like this.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope Sentai doesn't bungle the cover art when they release it stateside, as they did with the 2nd movie.

I hope it is more memorable than the 2nd movie as all I really remember from that was a "meh" performance by Hilary Haag (and much of the rest of the cast) and a gay/beastiality thing going on between a boy and his male, cybernetically-enhanced dolphin.

I agree that it was full of mundane happenings and "weirdness for weirdness' sake".
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Having read the book(s), and knowing how closely the films have been following each book, I expect the final instalment won't disappoint. The pace is definitely much quicker than the second instalment, and story-wise, things were wrapped up quite nicely. I'm looking forward to when Sentai releases The Third Exhaust, and though I doubt it will, it would be great if it included a translated version of the 42-page booklet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1