• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Publishers Weekly pimps Fanfare/Ponent Mon manga like crazy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6299687.html

Admittedly, being featured in a trade magazine isn't exactly going to reach out to the swords-guns-and-magic crowd, but this is another good step forward for manga that makes you feel smarter than everyone else.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Great article. I'm still waiting for Amazon to up these title up on their site for pre-order.

Last edited by darkhunter on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Damn, ya beat me to it. Like you said, being featured on PW.com isn't going to reach most manga fans, but it's still going to reach a MUCH, MUCH bigger audience than Fanfare is used to. Since it doesn't look like they're going to be increasing their output, it would be nice if they went the Pantheon route and put out high-quality hardcovers (after all, most of Fanfare's trades end up costing almost as much as Pantheon's hardcovers).
And they mentioned that Ponent Mon has published something by Daisuke Igarashi in Spain. Lets hope they'll bring it over and American's can finally experience the man's genius, and Viz will get inspired and publish Witches (yeah right, but I can hope).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1