• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - Ayaka and the Olympics

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Hehe... I imported the FF:U OSTs like two years ago. ^_^;; Most of my favorite tracks are on the second OST, though: 一刀獣, 魔剣, 死, and such. Really though I didn't think the soundtracks were that bad. Not on the level of something like Kanno or Kajiura, but plenty of nice entertaining background music to listen to. And the opening and second end themes aren't bad at all. ;p
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Probably should've mentioned the OP's not on this one, but I didn't think it was much of a loss.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, *I* like the opening theme. The animation isn't the best I've seen, but the song itself is nice.

Oh, and there's even more chocobo themes on the second OST. Though then again, considering how many variations on the chocobo theme already exist between the various games, that's really not that surprising...
Flame-X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I really love the orchestral melodies from the Fafner OST. The first track is probably the best one.
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Japan chooses singers with such pretty voices for their Olympic songs Anime smile In 2004 they picked KOKIA (who, to tell the truth, I like better than Ayaka, but that's okay). But anyway, to tell the truth I didn't know Ayaka was the theme singer. Now I'm gonna have to go check it out.
naushika

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Chikai sounds like a great song. Now if only the Jpop section of iTunes would pick it up...hmm. Otherwise, I have no idea how I'll obtain it. I really don't like buying stuff off the internet....all that credit card crap to mess with...blah. Mad

Is it too off-topic to ask if the US has an Olympic theme [song]? I never remember there ever being one, except for the generic riffs CBS plays in between commercials...
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:52 am Reply with quote
naushika wrote:
Is it too off-topic to ask if the US has an Olympic theme [song]? I never remember there ever being one, except for the generic riffs CBS plays in between commercials...

There is John Williams' Olympics theme, but I think that's as close as it gets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1