• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lots of New Anime Sites

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
Aaaah! The Tekkon Kinkurito site looks SO nice! I await the movie with even greater anticipation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quote
I'm more looking forward to Tokimeki Memorial...there are a couple of OVAs, but they don't really tell a full story, afaik. Since I tend to like dating-sim based anime, and TM is one of the most famous games (often parodied for its "Confession Tree" in anime like MSA Abenobashi and Excel Saga), I'm sure I'll enjoy the new TM anime. (Now if only they'd make a 13 ep series based on "Natsuiro no Sunadokei," which also only had 2 OVAs that didn't tell enough of the game's story.)

Chocoto Sister (AKA "Chokotto Sister" under more standard romanization) ~ eh, I don't know about that one. I've glanced at a bit of the manga, and it seems to follow the "Take Chobits and Koi Kaze, remove the serious, thoughtful elements from both, and mix" formula to appeal to the loli-con / sister-con set. You can't help but think that if you look at the site and the picture of the girl with hiragana for "Onii-chaaan <3" next to her. Time will tell.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see0 Chokotto Sister on that list.

I think you ought to give the manga a second look, Zalis116... it really is a very funny and charming comedy series. Most people who cast a quick glance at it see only the sexual innuendo (which mostly is just that, innuendo), and fail to catch the humour.

I find it hilarious and touching in equal measure, and I'll definitely be looking forward to the anime.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shintot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quote
Dunno about what they are thinking with some of their site designs. What's the purpose of having links in English like the Le Chevalier D'Eon site, and having nothing in English there? I don't mind not knowing what's being said (that's my own stubbornness) but don't PLAY with me like that! Lol.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
shintot wrote:
Dunno about what they are thinking with some of their site designs. What's the purpose of having links in English like the Le Chevalier D'Eon site, and having nothing in English there? I don't mind not knowing what's being said (that's my own stubbornness) but don't PLAY with me like that! Lol.

You haven't visited that many Japanese sites, have you? A lot, if not most, of them are like that, using English for it's "signal value", to make the site look hip.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shintot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
shintot wrote:

You haven't visited that many Japanese sites, have you? A lot, if not most, of them are like that, using English for it's "signal value", to make the site look hip.

- abunai

Actually I've visited many (perhaps near a thousand), but have never ranted about it. I know their reason for doing it, my entire comment was meant as a joke, per the "Lol" at the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1