• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Q] Inputting OAV episode running times

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I recently timed most of the Bubblegum Crisis-related releases (BGCrisis, BGCrash, AD Police Files (OAV), and Parasite Dolls), and want to input the information into the Encyclopedia. Unfortunately, the individual episodes tend to have widely varying times, and the Encyclopedia only takes one input for the "Running time" field—what is the best way to do this? Use the "Other" field? "Trivia"?
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote
What you can do is add the running time under the remarks (REM) when adding the episode title. For example, GaoGaiGar Final has a running time of 30 minutes per episode, except for episode 8, which is 51 minutes long. Thus, you enter the info as such:

08. (2003-03-21) Final of Final: Mythology JP: 「神話(マイソロジー)」 REM: Running time: 51 minutes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:18 am Reply with quote
It's exactly as areaseven said, but you don't need to enter the information for each episode as a single entry. The information above could also be entered as 4 different entries:
08. (2003-03-21)
08. Final of Final: Mythology
08. JP: 「神話(マイソロジー)」
08. REM: Running time: 51 minutes

In your case you just need to enter the remark. Currently the results might look a little messy but I'm working on a fix so that the result will be displayed in a uniform way regardless of whether you enter it as one or multiple entries.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
It's exactly as areaseven said, but you don't need to enter the information for each episode as a single entry. The information above could also be entered as 4 different entries

<snip>

That's good, since all of the episode titles are already entered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1