• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
episode title bug

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weils

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
There seems to be a bug regarding the entering of episode titles. At the list for Fate/stay night, I noticed missing kanji and romaji translations frm eps 1-14, so I decided to use the new separate entry method to add them. After finishing my task, I was satisfied with what I have done...until I saw at the main page the no. of episode titles currently. There were 27 of them! There are actually only 18 episodes posted so far. Can one of the administrators fix this problem?
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote
weils wrote:
There seems to be a bug regarding the entering of episode titles. At the list for Fate/stay night, I noticed missing kanji and romaji translations frm eps 1-14, so I decided to use the new separate entry method to add them. After finishing my task, I was satisfied with what I have done...until I saw at the main page the no. of episode titles currently. There were 27 of them! There are actually only 18 episodes posted so far. Can one of the administrators fix this problem?

Oops. This is the lowercase 'bug', (see further down this thread) and since I'm the one responsible for putting 'jp' instead of 'JP' I can fix them, and you can remove your entries which I guess would solve the episode numbers problem.
weils

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:26 am Reply with quote
j1m0ne wrote:
weils wrote:

Oops. This is the lowercase 'bug', (see further down this thread) and since I'm the one responsible for putting 'jp' instead of 'JP' I can fix them, and you can remove your entries which I guess would solve the episode numbers problem.

Ok, I'm done removing my entries, now you can do your adjustments on lower to upper case "jp"s. Smile
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quote
weils wrote:

Ok, I'm done removing my entries, now you can do your adjustments on lower to upper case "jp"s. Smile

Woot, done Very Happy I hope the bug gets fixed soon :sob: I'd been rather lazy and taken to typing lowercase jp for a good few months and don't really wanna go through fixing those Mushiking episode titles again Laughing
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:56 am Reply with quote
j1m0ne wrote:
weils wrote:

No, this is unrelated. I already fixed the lowercase bug, as I said here
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:15 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
j1m0ne wrote:
weils wrote:

No, this is unrelated. I already fixed the lowercase bug, as I said here

Actually, the Fate/Stay case was the lowercase problem; I changed jp to JP, weils removed the entries and no. of episodes is back to 18.

Is the lowercase bug really fixed though? As I pointed out in the other thread, the My-Otome page still looks dodgy. Those problematic Ergo Proxy entries were also done by me and though they've been fixed, I've been going through some stuff I did before and they're all still borked; Wulong, Gaiking and Mushiking for example. In fact, I've spent a few hours fixing some of my errors Confused
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote
Oops, my bad. There was a bug in my bugfix. Instead of displaying the Japanese titles on the same line as the English title, they weren't being displayed at all. Embarassed

now it's fixed (hopefully...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:42 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Oops, my bad. There was a bug in my bugfix. Instead of displaying the Japanese titles on the same line as the English title, they weren't being displayed at all. Embarassed

now it's fixed (hopefully...)

Great, thanks for fixing it Very Happy
weils

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
Oh btw, can any of the administrators clean up the extra episode titles and JP romajis at Tsubasa Chronicles episode list? The extra stuff are in eps 1-26, thanks.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote
Done, and a warning has been sent to the user who entered the duplicates.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1