• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When does Studio Proteus announce their next acquisitions?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:58 pm Reply with quote
When does Studio Proteus announce their next acqusitions? They weren't at Anime Expo? Just 'cause I get a strong feeling the next time they make an announcement, Hitoshi Ashinano's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou a.k.a. Quiet Country Café will be one of the manga announced, since the word last fall was that they were "considering the idea".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I sincerely hope they don't get YKK. Last thing I want to see is mangled artwork in a series that I really enjoy.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Damn... the summer convention season has come and gone and still no official announcement regarding Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou from anyone. I know some people don't like how slowly Proteus releases the Trade Paperbacks of their monthly titles, after Viz and other companies had abandoned the monthly format except for their anthology magazines, but didn't Proteus say something about licensing some new titles to be sold direct to TP?

Well, I guess if you read YKK in certain, unofficial, ways, you've dodged the bullet this time, but now the domestic manga market is diverse enough that I don't think YKK would be a certain flop... it certainly would be in monthly issues, if you don't get enough of the flavour of the overall story and setting to develop a taste for it, but I'm convinced enough people would appreciate it should it be sold directly to TP for it to be worth licensing.

I need TP for my bunghole...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1