• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AX to Host Singer Maon Kurosaki, Orange Road's Matsumoto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skafreak51

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the creator of Orange Road? That's amazing -_- too bad I don't live anywhere near there....
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow. Time to bring my KOR manga to get signed!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Michi: If only is was a suggestion that Viz was gonna bring out the manga here. I still haven't seen the anime, either. Went OOP before I could afford to get it. *sigh*
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Megatokyo has been running on teh interwebs for 10 years now. 2001; ... Vols 1-3 were Dark Horse; 4 & 5 were CMX, while it was up, and 6 was by DC Comics (when I purchased it). I can't say for sure who has publishing rights to the later 3 volumes right now. <<;. but 2008 is grossly incorrect.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Bringing back good old Kimagure Orange Road. Too bad I won't be around for this year's convention though Sad

As for Maon Kurosaki, while I enjoyed her songs from Index II, she isn't exactly anyone "special" at this point in time. Her HOTD song wasn't exactly memorable since it was only 1 out of 13 themes in the show and not to mention that the show itself ended up being a disappointment overall. However, I do look forward to more of her songs in the future should she get further opportunities. She might not be the best signer out there given the already fierce competition, but maybe she'll find a niche that no one else can fill.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:57 am Reply with quote
Wow, a couple of old skool stuff!

Izumi Matsumoto of KOR and its 1980's J-disco pop, and, even though it's still running, Megatokyo's Fred Gallagher, one of the original "but don't call it manga!" OELers.

Not many kiddies will know them. Laughing
Schroecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Megatokyo, and I'm very happy to know that Fred will be there. I've been following the webcomic since it's original release.

Interesting to note that in the early chapters of Megatokyo they make several jokes at the expense of Duke Nukem Forever! How things have changed Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1