• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, June 5-11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FH14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow so much stuff is being released this week! Only things I'll be picking up on this list are Blue Exorcist and Ouran High School Host Club, at least as of right now. (I wonder if Blue Exorcist will manage to kick Naruto out of the top spot come the next NYT Bestseller list... :/)

Just out of curiosity, how come you guys didn't do a release list for the week of May 29-June 4? Yen Press released a ton of stuff on May 31st (at least a ton of stuff that I read/buy)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sillyriri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Small, nitpicky correction, but isn't it The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya, not rage?

Edit: And I'll be getting... very little of this, as Amazon's UK site has different dates; so the stuff I've preordered always ends up being confusing.
Razz
OniTasku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas just released the first volume of 'A Certain Scientific Railgun' today, the 7th.

http://www.amazon.com/Certain-Scientific-Railgun-1/dp/1935934007/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1307470796&sr=8-2
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Despite the release date, Haruhi actually came out a few weeks ago. I ordered mine in stock from B&N on May 28, and got it on June 3 (delayed by the long weekend holiday). At the time both B&N and Amazon had used copies available.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Viz, spread your releases out more! You hurt my bank balance...
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Natsume's Book of Friends #7 for me. Possibly the Fulmetal Alchemist omnibus edition as well.

I need to find a replacement for Matsuri Akino titles since Tokyopop went belly up. Maybe "Grand Guignol Orchestra"? Anyone read that book?
oneshot_princess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I need a little dancing person to prance across my post! Nura's out! That'll fill the void nicely while I wait patiently for the next Black Bird. Very Happy
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Moribito, Utena, Haruhi and Ouran? Is it "super cool girl character" week or something? Very Happy
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Are Viz the only ones publishing Manga this week, really? (Except for you Megaman! Continue your stance of solidarity!)

And hello, Full Metal Alchemist, Library Wars, Ouran, One Piece, and Toriko, ready to join your brethren on the shelf?

(The Borders Employees are amused by me, and my buying habits, I can tell.)
IvoryMist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Today Strawberry Panic: The Complete Novel Collection also came out.
LKK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Are Viz the only ones publishing Manga this week, really?

Quite probably, yes. I've followed manga release schedules for a couple of years now and have noticed a pattern to monthly releases. Viz & the late Tokyopop release in the first and sometimes second week of the month. CMS went for mid-month releases. Yen Press and Del Rey release in the last week of the month. The smaller publishers (Vertical, Seven Seas, etc.) had a more varied schedule. I don't remember what week DMP usually aimed for. With Tokyopop out of the cycle now, Viz releases virtually own the first week of the month now.
azurewraith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Didn't the second volume of Amnesia Labyrinth come out today?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1