• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime TV podcast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lady_youko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
So what do you think of the Anime TV podcast? Personally, I was excited about it because of Johnny Young (sp?) Bosch, but when I watched it was sorely disappointed. The entire cast was a bunch of pretty faces who were no doubt sat down and told what to say. The anime they were reviewing was Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuustu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and I highly doubt they sat down and watch the whole series. It was just terrible.
As odd as it sounds I knew Anime TV was going to be no good because the cast was too attractive to have any clue about what they were talking about. I'd trust these guys to sell me jeans and shampoo not reccomend to me anime. The guy I'd trust to sell me anime would be the main demographic that constitutes the anime clubs across the country. The dorky, socially inept, uber nerd. The guy who hasn't seen daylight in twenty years and the girl whose room is stuffed floor to ceiling with every bishonen plushie known to mankind. Those are your anime experts, not these pretty faced tools of the industry no doubt paid off by Bandai for a favorable review (with one dissenting opinion just to make the show seem impartial).
Johnny, I love you man, but this time you picked a real losing horse (to put it to ya like this, your Power Ranger days were far more entertaining). But thats enough on my opinion. What about yours?
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quote
I agree with you to a point. I think at least half the cast have a real interest in anime, the problem is they let the other monopolize the air time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1