• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2013's Best VAs, Anime, Games, and Karaoke Songs Chosen by Voice Actors

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote
tier top anime is pretty hilarious. expected super overrated anime, but the I see Donpa on there? wtf? lol. havnt heard much of anything about that anime...wasnt that great tho overall. Yuuki Kaji always sounds like he's trying way too hard. Especially when he yells..which is very often in Titan. I dont like him very much anymore. I use to.

Izumi Kitta's portrayel of Tomoko was by far the best of female acting of the year IMO...at least when you exclude veterans like Yukari Tamura who was goddess tier in everything she did this year.
Blazaking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I WTF'd at Danganronpa on the Top Ten list.
lefthand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
They are just polls anyway, where voters pick the popular ones.
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
tier top anime is pretty hilarious. expected super overrated anime, but the I see Donpa on there? wtf? lol. havnt heard much of anything about that anime...wasnt that great tho overall. Yuuki Kaji always sounds like he's trying way too hard. Especially when he yells..which is very often in Titan. I don't like him very much anymore. I use to.

Izumi Kitta's portrayel of Tomoko was by far the best of female acting of the year IMO...at least when you exclude veterans like Yukari Tamura who was goddess tier in everything she did this year.

Dangan WAS a super-overrated anime, so I'm not surprised to see it on the list. I'm disappointed that Monogatari is considered worse than Kuroko, Free and Dangan...that's just depressing. With that said, I'm happy to see Hataraku on the list and hope that gets a S2 at some point since it sold well too.

Can't really speak for the VA's, As long as they are relatively good I rarely pick up on any one over another.

Also I don't know why Senbonzakura is on the top of the Karaoke list, don't get me wrong I love the song but it was released a while back now...unless there was a remix I'm missing?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I always wonder how ANN decides which series to tag a seiyuu with...

Shingeki for Kaji I can understand. It's recent and something everyone is familiar with. I'm quite partial to Natsume so I would definitely list that as one of Kamiya's representative roles, and the 4th season did air at the beginning of the year. Gundam 00, however, as much as I liked Tieria the series is kind of old and Kamiya's been in recent stuff that would be more relevant since this is a 2013 ranking, yes? Perhaps Shingeki or Monogatari?? Instead of 2-year-old Steins;Gate, maybe UtaPri for Mamo?

Not complaining or anything. I just thought that some of the choices were slightly odd.
senbonzakura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I always wonder how ANN decides which series to tag a seiyuu with...

Shingeki for Kaji I can understand. It's recent and something everyone is familiar with. I'm quite partial to Natsume so I would definitely list that as one of Kamiya's representative roles, and the 4th season did air at the beginning of the year. Gundam 00, however, as much as I liked Tieria the series is kind of old and Kamiya's been in recent stuff that would be more relevant since this is a 2013 ranking, yes? Perhaps Shingeki or Monogatari?? Instead of 2-year-old Steins;Gate, maybe UtaPri for Mamo?

Not complaining or anything. I just thought that some of the choices were slightly odd.

I agree! I mean, especially since the 2013 series would be the ones that definitely influenced the voting. Like if I would vote, I would think about their recent roles rather than the old ones.
LinkSword

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I cringed at how ANN cited HanaKana's role as Yuu prior to her Psycho-Pass one. Akane is her very best work hands down.

Major bullshit top anime list, I can only agree on Number 1. If we're taking into account 2-cour Fall anime, Psycho-Pass and From the New world definitely complete my top three.

The Danganronpa anime was a superlative insult to a great game, so screw its being in that top really heard. It only belongs in a top for failures.

List of dissenting points goes on and on, but I don't really care enough to elaborate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1