• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Gets Special Edition PS4

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for the people that spent 100 dollars for a significally (25%) weaker system that is the XBOX ONE. Every game released and announced just keeps showing this. Hell, half it's release games were not even 1080p. Ryse was apparently 990p and Titanfall is only 766p or something odd like that. Us PC gamers have been playing 1080p since at latest 2007. "Next-Gen" should be 1080p minimum...
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the people who bought the Xbone are happy with having an actual solid lineup of games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
I'm sure the people who bought the Xbone are happy with having an actual solid lineup of games.

Eh, most of it will be on the PC anyway.

I'm about to build a gaming PC (as in, gonna buy the parts tomorrow), and that basically invalidates my need for a Xbox One. Now, the PS4, that's gonna get a lot of juicy Japanese games so I'm gonna have to buy that eventually. But the Japanese might move more torwards the Vita and 3DS...I'll have to wait and see.

Also, about time games started being 60FPS. During the PS360 generation so many games were sub-30FPS. The premier PC hardware site, Tom's Hardware, considers 30FPS to be the bare mininum for playability. I can't believe console-only gamers sometimes, accepting framerates that can't even reach above 30...jesus christ.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Without inciting a needless fan war, I own an XB1 and I have to agree with Rahxephon91. Xbox has a good lineup of games -as does the PS4.

I believe that both Microsoft and Sony released the console about 6 months too early, but we're rushed for the important Christmas sales.

At the end of the day I would rather be playing fun games than standing in the corner looking at shrubbery because it's slightly prettier on one console than another.

Oh and before anyone starts whining about the XB1 not hitting 1080p just yet, there are many reports that the developers of The Order 1886 are trying to get it to run at 720p and 30fps.

You win some... you lose some... Wink

On the topic of MGS, I can't see why the 1080p would matter. Why on earth would you pay £45+ for a full game that lasts just over 1 Hour? That's the real controversy here. Razz
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Eh, most of it will be on the PC anyway.

I don't see any anoucments for Quantum Break, Halo, or Dead Rising for the PC. When they are fine.

I'm also not sure why people feel the need to bring up PC when talking about console gaming. PC gaming has always had it's disnct advantages, but the pros of console gaming has always been it's convenience and ease which I assume a good number of people still value. I don't think those people care that Titanfall is on the PC or that it's better. They like playing games on thier console just fine as it has been for decades.

This just comes up as an attempt to invalidate one system and not the other.

Hell outside of a few exclusives. The actual worthwhile games on PS4 are going to be multiplatform titles which are also going to be on PC. So why even praise the PS4? It's not like both systems won't have solid exclusives on each of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Panon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
On the topic of MGS, I can't see why the 1080p would matter. Why on earth would you pay £45+ for a full game that lasts just over 1 Hour? That's the real controversy here. Razz

Because it doesn't last one hour and as unfortunate as that price in £ is it's an (outrageous) aberration - it costs $30USD, which is the equivalent of about £15-20.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:

Because the game looks good, and I want to see it in the best fidelity it can provide?

I don't even know how you could even think that question made sense.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:

Well I just want to see what MGSV is like. I'm a fan of the series and while it's been slumping it recently, I still feel like I need to play each installment.

Besides there's nothing else going on with these systems right now.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

The game doesn't last over one hour. With all the added missions, you're looking at least five hours. Keep in mind that it's also supposed to be a prologue for the main Phantom Pain game. I feel bad for you guys, though. Ground Zeroes isn't being priced nearly as much hear in North America.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay, firstly I'd like to apologise for getting the price wrong - It's £30+ not £45+.
The reason I brought it up was the amount of complaints Bioshock Infinite : Burial at Sea had for being roughly 3 hours long whilst only costing around £8.

As for the length of MGS, yes it has Five side missions but the main story was completed in just over an hour by many reviewers. I just think that this should have been included in the Phantom Pain instead of being released separately. Just seems that you're paying top bucks for a demo, not a full game.

I'll probably pick it up in a couple of months when it's a few quid in the bargain bin. Wink
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Well I mean, make no mistake. You are paying for a demo.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
The main game was completed in an hour?

I thought MGS games usually had like 5 hours of cutscenes alone.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
i have bad eyes all 4 version are about the same to me. those small detail doesn't matter that much to me.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
If you can't tell the difference between the current-gen and the next-gen versions...then you might want to go to a doctor. Because they're as clear as night and day.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
The main game was completed in an hour?

I thought MGS games usually had like 5 hours of cutscenes alone.
This isn't a normal MGS game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2