• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Disrupting Voice Actress Yukari Tamura's Concert

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Thats nearly an ouch to her. Shocked
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
You've got to love these narcissists who have to commit some grand gesture to move on from one thing to the other in life, to the point of involving other people.

You want to sever your fandom for a person? Do it on your own time and dime, don't bother other people. I'm sure a lot of people paid money to see that concert, you're being a douchebag to them and the person you so adored just to fulfill your own self worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
One could just not attend the concert, and let everyone else enjoy it. Rolling Eyes
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
With a rash number of unwanted cyber threats and unwanted encounters with rabid "fans" occurring for some time now, perhaps it's about time the seiyuu started mulling over the idea of beefing up security a bit? Who knows if they'll be lucky enough to survive another potentially life-threatening moment involving out-of-control people?
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
People like him give otaku/fans a bad name. Jeez, first that Alice Juban incident and now this? Admittedly the former is much more serious.

I wonder why the creep suddenly wanted to stop being Yukarin's fan? I'll bet it's some stupid reason regarding her 'purity'. Rolling Eyes
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
creeps are everywhere these days. Confused
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Someone couldn't cope with the fact that Yukari is actually 37. I'm glad she's ok.

I'm also wondering why idols don't have bodyguards in daily life and on shows and live performances?
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
He wanted to stop being a fan by hurting the artist he's a fan of? Makes sense.

I guess I'll ask my boss for a raise while I kick his ass.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow OK. I'm glad that guy is arrested, this behavior is unacceptable. OK, I know this doesn't happen frequent but every artists/singers is going to have a obssessed fans in their fandom.

[EDIT: Nobody mentioned or even asked about K-Pop or anything Korean-related. Please do not create tangents out of thin air and reinforce the negative stereotype people have come to associate you with in the form of "random Korea-phelia." Thanks. -TK]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redcrimson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Dude got off lucky. I wouldn't want to piss off Nanoha...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I've looked at videos and footage concerning Sasaengs, and they are a sad case, it's like they have no soul whatsoever much less respect for others and have the downright worst variation of uppity behavior I've ever heard of. On top of that they can be considered criminals in some cases since a few will resort to burglary, extorting foreign fans, and prostitution (to fund their obsession). At least in the case with Japanese idol otaku, most of them won't cross the line much less commit serious crimes for the sake of the fandom, you have some nutjobs but nothing on this level, Sasaengs are like rabid dogs who's only goal to track their favorite idols everywhere they go. I don't think counseling could even help them, they are just look and seem so far gone.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I've looked at videos and footage concerning Sasaengs, and they are a sad case, it's like they have no soul whatsoever much less respect for others and have the downright worst variation of uppity behavior I've ever heard of. On top of that they can be considered criminals in some cases since a few will resort to burglary, extorting foreign fans, and prostitution (to fund their obsession). At least in the case with Japanese idol otaku, most of them won't cross the line much less commit serious crimes for the sake of the fandom, you have some nutjobs but nothing on this level, Sasaengs are like rabid dogs who's only goal to track their favorite idols everywhere they go. I don't think counseling could even help them, they are just look and seem so far gone.

As I said, that's why I find Sasaengs to be much worse then what J-pop has gotten. I wouldn't be surprised if Korea remake Perfect Blue as a K-drama or a film. Also the closest thing to Sasaengs in J-pop is what happen to former Hey! Say! JUMP member, Ryutaro Morimoto, he got stalked and robbed by a obssesed fan. This is probably the closest thing to a "Sasaeng" like behavior in J-pop fandom.

However, I was taken aback and disgusted reading about how AKB48 and S/Mileage got bombarded by idol otaku's behavior, these are from Senkaku Complex (NSFW Warning):

Idol otaku inflict gross handshake on S/Mileage and AKB48

AKB48 rage at "moral collapse" of idol otaku

AKB48: girl "frantically washed hand after otaku handshake"

This may not be Sasaeng behavior but it's disgusting, but I've seen Sasaeng doing something much more disgusting.

Last edited by mdo7 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
A concert got halted for 30 mins because of this? That's like a normal occurance at every show I've been to
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, that stuff just makes your skin crawl. A lot of my dislike for AKB48 comes from the obsessive fanbase (and also the managers but 85% of it is the fanbase) I'd hate to be an idol in Japan or Korea knowing people are writing bloody love letters and other strange stuff for me. Also, those US fans should know better not to do such destructive things.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:

A concert got halted for 30 mins because of this? That's like a normal occurance at every show I've been to

And some handle it better than others. Laughing

http://thebertshow.com/epic-way-justin-timberlake-reacted-woman-flipped-concert/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/02/28/justin-timberlake-handles-butt-grab-like-a-pro/5899049/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2