• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online II's July Premiere, New Visual Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the LN for the part with GGO yet but I sure hope the series will explain itself well relating to why Kirito looks like a girl.

I also wonder when the next PV will debut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wohdin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
I'm still somewhat amazed at how quickly SAO went downhill between the first and second arcs, and I doubt it gets any better. If it does manage to redeem itself I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not expecting it to. I'm still gonna be watching it though, for the trainwreck factor at least.

Stark700 wrote:
I haven't read the LN for the part with GGO yet but I sure hope the series will explain itself well relating to why Kirito looks like a girl.

uh, maybe he chose to play a girl character? people do it all the time, shocking I know
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Maybe GGO uses the same randomized avatar creation system that ALO does.

Anyways, I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but I will watch it when it airs.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

I also wonder when the next PV will debut.

Um, because he's playing a female character?

I'm surprised that this'll just be one cour instead of two. I wonder why they chose to do that.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome. Can't wait.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
I'm surprised that this'll just be one cour instead of two. I wonder why they chose to do that.

Because the first season covered four volumes unlike season two. Two cour for two volumes is overkill unless those are very meaty "light" novels.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alph4Xerxes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
Totally did not call that. What with the pattern they're using:

July 2012 -> S1 Japan
July 2013 -> S1 Dub
July 2014 -> ...

But still. I've only ready the first novel and a half of Phantom Bullet, though I'm quite looking forward to this.
OH&S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
First a new Black Bullet promo, then a new Durarara!! anime and now this!?

There will probably be something on Mahouka soon enough.

God, I hope they announce something for the Toaru Series as well. 10 year anniversary for them in less than a month...
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Because the first season covered four volumes unlike season two. Two cour for two volumes is overkill unless those are very meaty "light" novels.

Yes, I was implying that I found it strange that they're only adapting two LNs instead of four this time around. Also, the article only mentions how many novels are being covered, not how many cours there would be, so in order to even state the number of cours, I would have to have already known how many novels the first series covered.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Yes, I was implying that I found it strange that they're only adapting two LNs instead of four this time around.

Probably because the producers can squeeze more money out of the Japanese otaku with a 13 episode anime than a 26 episode anime per episode. (2 cour anime tend to be sold in 3-4 episode volumes vs. the 2 episode vol. for a 1 cour series because sales tend to suffer if there are more volumes to buy; also, spacing the releases even more with a split 2-cour season makes it more likely for the Japanese otaku to get all of it [think like buying one massive purchase vs. six spaced out purchases which totals that one purchase])
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
SAO news just became irrelevant with DRRR!! coming back.
bigheart711

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
SAO news just became irrelevant with DRRR!! coming back.

And the Sailor Moon Crystal announcement / leak didn't do the SAO news any justice either.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 am Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Yes, I was implying that I found it strange that they're only adapting two LNs instead of four this time around.

Probably because the producers can squeeze more money out of the Japanese otaku with a 13 episode anime than a 26 episode anime per episode. (2 cour anime tend to be sold in 3-4 episode volumes vs. the 2 episode vol. for a 1 cour series because sales tend to suffer if there are more volumes to buy; also, spacing the releases even more with a split 2-cour season makes it more likely for the Japanese otaku to get all of it [think like buying one massive purchase vs. six spaced out purchases which totals that one purchase])

i think it also has to do with the fact that the reception for the second arc was not as good as the first arc. A lot of people especially anime only watchers originally thought they the first series would entirely cover the SAO arc and when u compare the second arc with the first it was a real let down so i think there are only covering the bullet arc so as not to repeat what happened,

i liked them both but i will admit the second arc was not as good as the first and i hear that the Phantom bullet arc is the best one of them all.

I would also like they would animete mother's rosario in the future i think that one might actually be better of as a movie instead of a series.
quite a bit of good news released this week hope more to come.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
No news of Tomatsu Haruka (aka Yuuki Asuna) coming back? Sad I R Saddest.
sano1221

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
It will be explained why Kirito's character looks feminine now. It's part of the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2