• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin the IIIrd: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone Anime Film's 1st Teaser Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I want a lot of films like this from now on for Lupin, a return to the grittier, cooler style.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the trailer, it looks good but a part of me kind of misses the hatching... oh well.
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I really really hope Funimation gets this and dubs it!!!!!!!!! After Fujiko, can it be possible?
SolHerald

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
This looks good, I believe that this will live up to my expectations.
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
I too would love to see this get licensed, cause only three theatrical Lupin films are licensed, while copies of the 1995 & 1996 films are still common to find on various online shops.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
E-Master: It probably will get licensed, 'cus it's from the Redline guy.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
I too would love to see this get licensed, cause only three theatrical Lupin films are licensed, while copies of the 1995 & 1996 films are still common to find on various online shops.

I was actually interviewing Richard Epcar the other day, and he said that he'd be willing to play Jigen in the film if the role was offered to him.

I don't think it's too far-fetched that we'll see this one, given how well-received the Fujiko series was. Still, the role might be given to Christopher Sabat since Epcar played Zenigata.
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
E-Master wrote:

I was actually interviewing Richard Epcar the other day, and he said that he'd be willing to play Jigen in the film if the role was offered to him.

I don't think it's too far-fetched that we'll see this one, given how well-received the Fujiko series was. Still, the role might be given to Christopher Sabat since Epcar played Zenigata.
He did great as Zenigata as well as his role as Jigen. I dont mind who voices Jigen if this movie gets a dub, as long as it does become avalible for the American Lupin fans. More theatrical Lupin movies being licensed is a welcome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1