• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Terror in Resonance Anime by Cowboy Bebop's Watanabe

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 am Reply with quote
I cant wait for this show. It looks intriguing.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:45 am Reply with quote
Seems Funimation is already starting to license the series for the summer period that's one down 9 more to go. i know the new black butler series will be licensed by them as well so that's make 8 left
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
Nice! I hope this means that Funimation will also do a home release down the road. I also hope the series is really good.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Nice! I hope this means that Funimation will also do a home release down the road. I also hope the series is really good.

Funimation gets every Noitamina series, so this means nothing really. Chances look good though, since Watanabe is directing it.
khthibault

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Seems Funimation is already starting to license the series for the summer period that's one down 9 more to go. i know the new black butler series will be licensed by them as well so that's make 8 left

I don't know. Black Butler is an Aniplex show so it's most likely going to Aniplex USA. Since Aniplex USA took the new Mushi-Shi series, I don't think they'll let FUNimation get Black Butler either. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I'm not expecting FUNimation to get Black Butler.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
This series has me interested for sure. Can't wait...

As for the Anime Expo event, this can only mean Watanabe will be there. He'll probably do double-duty with Space Dandy as well. If only the cast was announced before so we know who will be there as well.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
Hope CR picks this up for Latin countries.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
khthibault wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

I don't know. Black Butler is an Aniplex show so it's most likely going to Aniplex USA. Since Aniplex USA took the new Mushi-Shi series, I don't think they'll let FUNimation get Black Butler either. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I'm not expecting FUNimation to get Black Butler.

Well be it funimation or Aniplex i hope at least we get the same dub cast, although i prefer funimation to get it so the home releases wont be so eoverpriced
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Funimation gets every Noitamina series, so this means nothing really. Chances look good though, since Watanabe is directing it.

Funimation rarely gets Noitamina shows...Samurai Flamenco, and Galilei Donna were released by Aniplex, No. 6, UN-GO, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 were all released by Sentai. From my knowledge Funimation gets the least amount of Noitamina shows.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this one!
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
I'm betting 50% chance that Funimation will get Nobunaga Concerto. I have to say though, this was a surprise for me that they got the show since almost every other series from MAPPA so far have been picked up by CR in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
khthibault wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

*THIS* is an Aniplex show too. So is Ping Pong.

The reason FUNi didn't get Mushi-Shi 2 is probably because season 1 didn't sell well for them. Black Butler on the other hand was a big hit.

That having been said, I still think Black Butler 3 could go either way, depending on whether or not AoA wants to be complete dickheads in the situation.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
I wish companies were able to announce their streaming simulcasts weeks before the premiere date more often. While I initially planned on watching 7-8 summer shows, I may know be watching 10-11 (including this show) looking at the summer lineup that anicharts.net llsts.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
khthibault wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

*THIS* is an Aniplex show too. So is Ping Pong.

The reason FUNi didn't get Mushi-Shi 2 is probably because season 1 didn't sell well for them. Black Butler on the other hand was a big hit.

That having been said, I still think Black Butler 3 could go either way, depending on whether or not AoA wants to be complete dickheads in the situation.

So deciding to take the profit themselves makes them dickheads? Making money & smart decisions apparently makes you a dickhead.

derp

Please Aniplex, do take Black Butler. Continue to make money so that you can also continue to help fund amazing anime like Mushishi Very Happy!!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Will that was fast but it dose look good
scriver058

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
Evocative imagery in that pic, 2 burning towers in the distance... Will be checking for this, Watanabe and Kanno are a proven team.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3