• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hyrule Warriors Wii U Game Adds Twilight Princess' Agitha, Zant

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Watch Link voluntarily cause the apocalypse by pulling down the evil moon thing...

I like the new character designs, but now we're treading into harem territory with this sex imbalance.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
The Zelda series has always had harem elements series, to be honest.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't get why so many people seem so upset about the perceived gender imbalance. There have regularly been few if any male characters in the series at all. Even if you add the Deku scrub, Goron, and Zora, most people are only going to think of them as alternate forms of Link, as they were known in Majora's Mask. Regardless, I don't really know if it matters at all what the gender breakdown is in this game. So what if it's mainly female? I don't see how it materially matters to anything about the game.
iloveturkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen anyone complain about the gender imbalance, but I make it a point not to go to actual gaming websites anymore. If they are complaining then they're probably new to the franchise if they think Link being surrounded by attractive females is anything new to the series.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I really got to finish Twilight Princess. I stopped right when you can freely change between the wolf form and Link.

This game is looking great. I dont like team ninjas involvement with it though. Koei Tecmo's merger has made their games lax ever since. Hyrule Warriors has been an exception for me.

The whole concept of the Zelda franchise is an outdated concept. One that hardcore feminist wouldn't stand for usually (i would think).

Zelda definitely don't need any help fighting off or defeating Ganon atp. Thanks Musou formula.

Nintendo adds a new female character in nearly every game since its inception. Burnouts on the "Harem" idea are quick to point it out but most will never notice it.

I can't wait to play it. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1