• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2014 - Crunchyroll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob101

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I know that this site is an Anime news focused place, and that the amount of people who watch Japanese dramas isn't going to make up most of the site's readers, but I don't think you should be glossing over the drama announcements. What did the Crunchyroll people announce about the dramas? I for one do care about that.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like all of those "will feature" items for the updated Manga app were announced as "does feature" when it was rolled out a month ago ... reading progress bars work for me, which is the number one missing feature from their first version, but I haven't been getting any push notifications on my Android for any of the series I have favorited, so I wonder whether "will feature" is a kind-of admission that they don't have that working yet.

The drama announcements I am really looking for are the Japanese historical dramas from the NHK. The historical K-dramas were the ones I watched at Crunchyroll until they were split off into Kdrama, and that's what I'd rather see at Crunchyroll.

The only anime/manga related drama announcement that I heard of was the Great Teacher Onizuka, but that was a re-announcement of a series already streaming.
誤称

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
People need to keep hounding them about Encouragement of Climb. Seriously, you don't announce a show and stream the first episode when you don't have the license. Ever.
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
People need to keep hounding them about Encouragement of Climb. Seriously, you don't announce a show and stream the first episode when you don't have the license. Ever.

Yes, hound them. That will certainly lead to a sorting out of whatever the licensing difficulty may happen to be.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:45 am Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:

Yes, hound them. That will certainly lead to a sorting out of whatever the licensing difficulty may happen to be.

Cause shutting up and not asking about this show is so super effective.

Let's just stick our heads in the sand and try to ignore that CR had one job and fucked that up.

That will show 'em!
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
agila61 wrote:

Cause shutting up and not asking about this show is so super effective.

Especially against Japanese licensing issues. The power of e-mails and petition sites works like magic, reshaping the very fabric of the universe.
Brutannica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
I know that this site is an Anime news focused place, and that the amount of people who watch Japanese dramas isn't going to make up most of the site's readers, but I don't think you should be glossing over the drama announcements. What did the Crunchyroll people announce about the dramas? I for one do care about that.

They announced/promoted Galileo, Liar Game, Team Medical Dragon and GTO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1