• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dogs: Bullets & Carnage GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
Thanks for pointing out one of the things that keeps making me come back to Dogs in spite of the slow-moving, cliched, minimal plot: it's darn funny.

I'm still debating how much I want to buy this. I guiltily feel that I should, since I enjoy it, but right now my budget only allows for expanding my Urasawa collection. Wish me a good job, Viz, I want to buy more of your stuff. Anime hyper
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Thanks for pointing out one of the things that keeps making me come back to Dogs in spite of the slow-moving, cliched, minimal plot: it's darn funny.

I'm still debating how much I want to buy this. I guiltily feel that I should, since I enjoy it, but right now my budget only allows for expanding my Urasawa collection. Wish me a good job, Viz, I want to buy more of your stuff. Anime hyper

Same here, comrade. Dogs has scrabbled its way into my otaku/artist heart with the label of "guilty pleasure" protruding from its entrancing gun barrels, and I think, especially after reading this review, I'm okay with that.

It's not the highest on my list, but I'm always happy when I can find a new series to enjoy, for whatever reason.

But don't despair, Viz, for atm my rationed income has been given to Fullmetal Alchemist and Shaman King.
sepherest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree, it's pretty much a guilty pleasure for me, too.
When I first read the volume 0 one-shot it totally grabbed my attention, but after reading on the plot just got average fast.

So I'm just kind of going with it because the art is great and the characters are interesting (and the mangaka is a huge Megaten fan).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
I am not sure if I found I am looking for here but I've met someone about a year ago, who was a big fan of DOGS (And also BLAME! manga), we played a few times over at Dreamwidth (I played an Apacci from Bleach...) and I'd really enjoyed our threads. They also uses other nicks on LJ and DW like Amadeus, Tesla, justlikesmaids and maybe synchwell, and they were a big fan of vid games and liked to play teasing, dominant guys (and they were freaking good at it). If they're reading this post please look for me, i am steel at DW and waiting for you. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1