• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dokuro-chan, Accelerator, Izaya Join Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Game as Support

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marvel knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:46 am Reply with quote
Well this is a pleasant surprise.
IanC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:25 am Reply with quote
I really wish they had a character from Spice and Wolf as a playable one. Not sure how that would work though.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
I would love for this game to get a fully voiced English release, but looking at the series involved, it'd be a complete mess to clear them all so the game can be localized Stateside. Funimation, Sentai, Aniplex, Viz Media, NISA, and even Media Blasters and Nozomi Entertainment are all involved, and last I checked, Strike the Blood doesn't even have an English-language licensor.

Even if the licensing issues were somehow cleared up, there's the issue of gathering all the needed actors together. Then again, Brina Palencia (Holo) and Josh Grelle (Sadao Mao) somehow wound up with leading roles in a Tales game, so maybe getting Brittney Karbowski (Mikoto), Micah Solusod (Touma), Austin Tindle (Accelerator), and Carli Mosier (Wilhelmina) to work together with Cassandra Lee Morris (Taiga, Leafa), Erik Kimerer (Haruyuki, Ryuji), and other L.A.-based folks (Crispin Freeman as Shizuo, Kari Wahlgren as Celty, Bryce Papenbrook as Kirito, Johnny Yong Bosch as Izaya, Kira Buckland as Kuroyukihime, and Wendee Lee as Dokuro-chan) each have a single character to their respective names here) wouldn't necessarily be too difficult. As for the outlier that is Debora Rabbai as Boogiepop, I suppose that's where NYAV Post would come in. Still need to pick out VAs for all the other folks who don't have English voices, though...

IanC wrote:
I really wish they had a character from Spice and Wolf as a playable one. Not sure how that would work though.

Holo would actually be a logical playable character. She is a deity, after all. I wonder why she's just relegated to support.
yuetheguardian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
While its nice to see Dokuro-Chan added as a support, why is is she not playable her whole character is very fighting game like, guess her manga is over so she doesn't matter same as holo.
Tallis Latif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote
yuetheguardian wrote:
While its nice to see Dokuro-Chan added as a support, why is is she not playable her whole character is very fighting game like, guess her manga is over so she doesn't matter same as holo.
This time around all the support characters made sense as actual fighters. Maybe they just didn't have the remaining funds or time to finish all three of them. So instead, they made these on progress characters support because 2/3 of them already had 2 characters of their series in the game.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
I would love for this game to get a fully voiced English release, but looking at the series involved, it'd be a complete mess to clear them all so the game can be localized Stateside. Funimation, Sentai, Aniplex, Viz Media, NISA, and even Media Blasters and Nozomi Entertainment are all involved, and last I checked, Strike the Blood doesn't even have an English-language licensor.

Even if the licensing issues were somehow cleared up, there's the issue of gathering all the needed actors together. Then again, Brina Palencia (Holo) and Josh Grelle (Sadao Mao) somehow wound up with leading roles in a Tales game, so maybe getting Brittney Karbowski (Mikoto), Micah Solusod (Touma), Austin Tindle (Accelerator), and Carli Mosier (Wilhelmina) to work together with Cassandra Lee Morris (Taiga, Leafa), Erik Kimerer (Haruyuki, Ryuji), and other L.A.-based folks (Crispin Freeman as Shizuo, Kari Wahlgren as Celty, Bryce Papenbrook as Kirito, Johnny Yong Bosch as Izaya, Kira Buckland as Kuroyukihime, and Wendee Lee as Dokuro-chan) each have a single character to their respective names here) wouldn't necessarily be too difficult. As for the outlier that is Debora Rabbai as Boogiepop, I suppose that's where NYAV Post would come in. Still need to pick out VAs for all the other folks who don't have English voices, though...

IanC wrote:

Holo would actually be a logical playable character. She is a deity, after all. I wonder why she's just relegated to support.

Why an English release? Over half these shows had pretty terrible dubs where they couldnt pronounce their names properly. And as you said, the chances of getting it released overseas at all is low enough. JP voices release and be done with it.

Dokuro should've been her own but she'd probably be OP..same with Accel.
consignia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
yuetheguardian wrote:

It's all to do with popularity, which is why Sword Art Online has two player characters and even old iconic ones like Toradora and Shana get main representation, but faded ones such Spice and Wolf get relegated to support only. If this game were to made in five years time, the roster would look quite different.

Personally, I would like to see Haruka Nogizaka as a support, but who knows where the window has closed on that one.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
If this left Japan it would definitely be Japanese audio only, but I really don't even see that happening. Too many licensing conflicts across way too many companies to be worth the hassle and money.
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Are PS3 games region-locked?
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName wrote:

Let's find out.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName wrote:

Let's find out.
Don't be such a, eh nevermind...

But to tell you what games are region locked for PS3, its Persona 4 Arena (the 1st one, not Ultimax), a karaoke game IP locked as well, and another one I'm not sure which one it is.

Also, if Aquapazza can come out to the US in some sort of localization, then chances are if possible DB:FC might be someday too. (Besides the licensing nightmare.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1