Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monogatari 'Final Season's' Tsukimonogatari Anime Previewed in Video




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Harleyquin



Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 1811
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote
Quote from the first few pages of the book, but otherwise nothing surprising thus far.

Looking forward to it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juno016



Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1908
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
The specific style of romanization used in this article, particularly looking at Shinbo's name, is hilarous. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's probably the most unique of the romanization styles I've seen for his name on the site, using "si" instead of "shi". The "m" is typically an "n" in most cases here, so there's that, too. Anime hyper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2048
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
The specific style of romanization used in this article, particularly looking at Shinbo's name, is hilarous. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's probably the most unique of the romanization styles I've seen for his name on the site, using "si" instead of "shi". The "m" is typically an "n" in most cases here, so there's that, too. Anime hyper


Simbo (Shinbo) has declared officially that "Simbo" is the way he wants his name spelled in English. I think it looks strange as well, but hey, it's his name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juno016



Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1908
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Simbo (Shinbo) has declared officially that "Simbo" is the way he wants his name spelled in English. I think it looks strange as well, but hey, it's his name.


I'm unaware of this. When/where did he say that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Darstorm-Sandude



Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Posts: 57
Location: only real world location, please
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Shinobu's voice Anime hyper

Is it confirmed to still be Sakamoto Maaya?


Last edited by Darstorm-Sandude on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2048
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
Simbo (Shinbo) has declared officially that "Simbo" is the way he wants his name spelled in English. I think it looks strange as well, but hey, it's his name.


I'm unaware of this. When/where did he say that?


animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2770816#2770816
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group