• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Jinsei - Life Consulting Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Actually, we've known about this since it was accidentally leaked back in July:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?33456-FUNimation-licenses-Jinsei-Life-Consulting

Why it's taken them so long to actually announce it is anyone's guess. Neutral
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
they actually have it now, would by my guess.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I believe I tried to watch the first episode of this when it first came out (fan subbed since it didn't have a legit stream at the time, shhh don't tell anyone) but the translation was just too brutally bad to continue with. Maybe I'll give it a second shot since I am a Funi subscriber and all.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
they actually have it now, would by my guess.

Most likely. Normally these companies don't announce deals until they are finalized. They would look pretty silly if they started promoting something only to for the deal to fall through later.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah makes sense to keep things under wraps until everything is set up properly.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing the main reason why FUNi is going to stream the TV version, with the home-media video being released later is due to the Japanese companies and/or FUNi want to bait people into buying the "corrected/final" version by streaming the TV version, which might include animation errors and other, similar things.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Looking up Studio feel., I get the feeling (pun not intended) that they're mostly in-betweeners and finishers and this is one of their first main studio productions. Is that on the mark? In Shirobako terms, are they like Studio Titanic getting a shot at a series? (Not implying that any of their work was bad, just as in-betweeners doing their own series)
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Looking up Studio feel., I get the feeling (pun not intended) that they're mostly in-betweeners and finishers and this is one of their first main studio productions. Is that on the mark? In Shirobako terms, are they like Studio Titanic getting a shot at a series? (Not implying that any of their work was bad, just as in-betweeners doing their own series)

Not really. They've been around for a while and they've been doing a lot of projects in recent years. Jinki Extend, Straight Jacket, Corpse Princess all from 2006-2008. Recently they did Mayo Chiki, In Search of Lost Future, Listen to Me I'm your Father, the newest Minami Ke, and the infamous KissxSis.

Anyways I know nothing about this series, but the girls look super cute, so I wanna check it out.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Sweet this one was really funny and be worth getting
-Madoka-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet this one was really funny and be worth getting

yeah i really loved it, just hoping they don't make a terrible job of the subs like the normally do (seriously their sub team is terrible).

anyway i am happy to see it licensed, i honestly didn't expect anyone to bother with it, seems to be one of them genres where either sentai will consider it otherwise it wont get seen in the western market, go FUNi
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so it isn't a teacher-that-looks-way-younger-than-she-is cliche. I might give this a try. What are everyone's opinions on this?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Another harem I will watch dubbed.
dlm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I believe I tried to watch the first episode of this when it first came out (fan subbed since it didn't have a legit stream at the time, shhh don't tell anyone) but the translation was just too brutally bad to continue with. Maybe I'll give it a second shot since I am a Funi subscriber and all.

A different group took over from the first guy, and it took FOREVER for the 13th episode to be subbed. In the end, it (or maybe an ealier episode) ended up with the subbers basically throwing in the towel with something to the effect of "She's babbling on about something, i don't know what, anyway it's not important", YGWYPF and all that but really, that's quite unprofessional. Almost as bad as the stupid gagsubs the group that subbed Girls und Panzer did.

Normally I'll take a fansub over a Funimation sub since Funimation doesn't subtitle text or the opening/ending music, but in this case I'll be making my Funimation subscription do something for me for once...
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Jinsei, hope it does well for Funi.

I will say, a little let down by the ending of it all. Damn meganes!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
dlm wrote:

Normally I'll take a fansub over a Funimation sub since Funimation doesn't subtitle text or the opening/ending music, but in this case I'll be making my Funimation subscription do something for me for once...

it's a rare moment when on screen text isn't translated on screen. OP and ED translations usually arrive after a few episodes have aired
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2