• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsume Ono's Futagashira Manga Gets Live-Action Drama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I put my doubt that CR can pick this up since this is not from Fuji TV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Based on the casting here and other such ventures, is there a certain acting industry for anime/manga-based live-action shows (a la anime and video games)? I really liked House of Five Leaves and Ristorante Paradiso, and though I'm not into Asian live-action shows, I definitely would not mind giving that a try, just to see how her work translate to L.A., alone. Additionally, I'm very interested to see Kazuki Nakashima do something L.A.

mdo7 wrote:

And you would think that would be the case, given that the two aforementioned anime adaptations were Fuji TV series. Hopefully, it will find some kind of avenue stateside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

mdo7 wrote:

And you would think that would be the case, given that the two aforementioned anime adaptations were Fuji TV series. Hopefully, it will find some kind of avenue stateside.

I highly doubt that. I'm not even sure if CR can get this drama (we'll have to wait and see). I don't see Dramafever picking up any other J-dramas (they've acquired 2 J-dramas from NHK). Viki pick up J-dramas from TV Asahi and Fuji TV. So I don't know if we will ever see it. The only way to see it: remake/adapt the manga as a K-drama (I mean why not, it worked for Dr. Jin, and couple of other anime/manga live-action adaptation).
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Well I'll be watching (but I won't be waiting for a Korean remake Laughing ).
Hidders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Based on the casting here and other such ventures, is there a certain acting industry for anime/manga-based live-action shows (a la anime and video games)? I really liked House of Five Leaves and Ristorante Paradiso, and though I'm not into Asian live-action shows, I definitely would not mind giving that a try, just to see how her work translate to L.A., alone.
Nah, it's just that the actors willing to do manga adaptations is a smaller pool than you would think.
- Matsuyama got his start in acting in a Gogusen adaptation in 2002 and has done many since then, those are the roles he tends to get the most recognition for. He's mostly a movie actor and only does a TV drama every few years.[
- Saotome hasn't done much despite being in the business nearly as long as Matsuyama, but he too is most known for his adaptation roles.

If nothing else, the acting from the leads will be good so you shouldn't have any trouble enjoying it.

WOWOW dramas don't seem to generate a lot of interest from fansubbers, only a few of them get subbed, so hopefully someone does take it on this summer.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Hidders wrote:

WOWOW dramas don't seem to generate a lot of interest from fansubbers, only a few of them get subbed, so hopefully someone does take it on this summer.

As far as I know, I don't see any legal streaming site picked up any dramas from WOWOW.
Hidders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
As far as I know, I don't see any legal streaming site picked up any dramas from WOWOW.
Yeah, that's why we have to hope for other alternatives.
Wish I could read Chinese, there's a handful of leagl Chinese stream sites that upload nearly every Japanese show with Chinese subtitles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1