• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Industry Panel [2011-07-01]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised there was no Q&A? Anime hyper

But Viz disappointed me this year. I was hoping for some new manga licenses (I keep hoping for Akuma to Love Song to get licensed one of these days...) or possibly even some rescues from Tokyopop, but the only good thing to come out of this for me was a release date at last for the second Naruto Shippuden movie (I think two or three years or so after the first was released? Slow release is SLOOOOW).

Here's hoping that manga-wise Yen Press doesn't disappoint.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Because this happens all the time with Viz. There must be something keeping the Q&A away! Maybe Viz will be attacked by Monster fans! Or even Reborn! fans! Laughing

Quote:
And finally, Viz announced that it will release the anime film Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva this fall, with more details to be announced later.
This is all I needed to read... I'm in heaven now... Please use the Manga dub for the movie!
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone asks them about Descendants of Darkness and the rest of Battle Angel: Last Order at Comic Con.
Whats_Ur_Name

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
No Jojo's and no Tiger & Bunny Blu-ray makes Pat a dull boy.
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

But Viz disappointed me this year. I was hoping for some new manga licenses (I keep hoping for Akuma to Love Song to get licensed one of these days...) or possibly even some rescues from Tokyopop, but the only good thing to come out of this for me was a release date at last for the second Naruto Shippuden movie (I think two or three years or so after the first was released? Slow release is SLOOOOW).

Here's hoping that manga-wise Yen Press doesn't disappoint.

The first volume of Akuma to Love Song (as The Devil and Her Love Song) was actually up on simonandschuster.biz for a few days with a February 2012 release date from Viz, but it's not there currently; I was fully expecting them to announce it today. I'm guessing/hoping that they'll announce some manga licenses at SDCC, seeing as they didn't have any today. (It is Anime Expo, and then Comic-Con, though they did the opposite with announcements last year.)
nokishoff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Finally we get release dates for the next Naruto and Bleach movies! I really hope there are no more two year waits in between movie releases. Smile

Now all I need is a release date for InuYasha The Final Act.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote
kel aka gandy wrote:
The first volume of Akuma to Love Song (as The Devil and Her Love Song) was actually up on simonandschuster.biz for a few days with a February 2012 release date from Viz, but it's not there currently; I was fully expecting them to announce it today. I'm guessing/hoping that they'll announce some manga licenses at SDCC, seeing as they didn't have any today. (It is Anime Expo, and then Comic-Con, though they did the opposite with announcements last year.)
SERIOUSLY!? O.O This gives me such hope! Oh gosh, thank you for telling me this!

I really hope Viz will announce this soon then! I will be instantly pre-ordering the moment it comes up, I don't care how long it takes - I want Akuma to Love Song in English and on my shelf.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
Bleach was the only announcement I'm mildly interested in but I'd probably only watch it when it airs on [adult swim] eventually and not buy it.

Other than that, the panel was a disappointment as expected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:16 am Reply with quote
Once again no mention of Monster Sad ... why is it so difficult for them to just say anything regarding the show?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote
Seraphim_Alchemist wrote:
Once again no mention of Monster Sad ... why is it so difficult for them to just say anything regarding the show?

That would require giving a shit. And we all know Viz doesn't give a shit because their heads are up their asses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Blue Dragon fans should be happy. They can legally watch it subbed and uncut.

I'm happy for Naruto and Bleach. The next films I must see.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote
Betcha Hero: 108 will outsell everything except Pokemon! Laughing
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quote
I just now noticed this during my second reading, but I see that Viz didn't mention anything regarding the simulcast delay with Rin-Ne. I would've liked to think that'd be one of the things they would cover, since I know there are many fans - myself included - waiting on pins and needles every week to see if the simulcast will be started up again or if due to the earthquake it's permanently stopped.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Seraphim_Alchemist wrote:

That would require giving a shit. And we all know Viz doesn't give a shit because their heads are up their asses.

It's on Hulu and YouTube in both forms pretty much indefinitely. I know that's not a physical release and is therefore infuriating to hardcore collectors, but still, it's better than nothing!

And obviously, they ended without a Q & A session not due to time constraints, but in order to dodge questions about Monster and InuYasha; The Final Act.

But yeah, I'm also digging Fade to Black coming to DVD in November. Could that mean [as] will be giving it to us for Christmas (airing it on Christmas Eve, which happens to be a Saturday night this year)? Or maybe it's time for some New Year's Eve-il?
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that it took them so long to release a volume of Psyren. It's been in their Shonen Jump for a while now, and it seems like a decent title.

Are they going to have separate Jump/Sunday/Shojo Beat/Signature panels, or should we just wait 'till Comic Con for more info on those titles?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2