• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Lost Planet 3 Developer Spark Unlimited Shuts Down

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarusa

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
Welp, no loss there. Those were all terrible games.

Okay, I feel bad for the poor programmers, QA, etc who all lost their job when it's all management's fault for being awful. But nobody's going to miss Spark Unlimited.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry for the people who lost their jobs, but good riddance. Spark Unlimited was truly one of the worst developers out there. Now, hopefully Idea Factory and Compile Hearts will follow their path.
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote
rofl feeling sorry for the loss but wishing other companies to close down. Hypocrisy at its finest. Although fortunately it won't happen anytime soon with Idea Factory and Compile Heart considering that their games usually sell decently both in Japan and overseas.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
Of course this will suck for the people working there but and my heart goes out to them but.. well, as a consumer I don't feel like much as been lost.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
Hypocrisy at its finest.

Just because I said that it's sad that people lost their jobs doesn't mean that I'll miss Spark Unlimited or sorry for studio. Fewer crappy developers is always better for the industry, besides, talented people who worked there now can find a job at actually good teams.
Quote:
considering that their games usually sell decently

More like cost a dime to make, to the point that it's almost impossible to lose money, even if only two and half man buys their games.
DukeNukem3DO

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:
I'm sorry for the people who lost their jobs, but good riddance. Spark Unlimited was truly one of the worst developers out there. Now, hopefully Idea Factory and Compile Hearts will follow their path.
Idea Factory and Compile Hearts are good devs
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Maybe something good will come out of this. There were cases of when a company closed down, the laid-off employees tries to continue and started a new company.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:58 pm Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:

Just because I said that it's sad that people lost their jobs doesn't mean that I'll miss Spark Unlimited or sorry for studio. Fewer crappy developers is always better for the industry, besides, talented people who worked there now can find a job at actually good teams.

Which may either end with them being let go or the new company shutting down as well and may even eventually end with those individuals quitting the industry all together. So much for attempting to put a positive spin on something that's generally bad and very rarely has a positive outcome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1